Chapter 29

The Next Day
Rose's POV:

I woke up the next morning and headed downstairs for a cup of coffee to wake myself up.

"Ugh! Stefan!" I heard Damon groan in pain in the study.

"What did he do now?" I sighed walking in then gasped in shock. "STEFAN ANTONIO SALVATORE!"

"Damn, your starting to sound like my damn mother." Stefan complained then saw Damon and laughed. "What the hell happened to you?"

"Whatever twisted Stefan Ripper game this is, it isn't funny." Damon groaned.

"I didn't do this." Stefan said amused.

"Wait, you didn't?" I frowned.

"Nope." Stefan stated pulling the fire poker from his chest.

"This is pretty fucked up." I frowned as Stefan only pulled off a few chains, leaving Damon tied up.

"Gee, thanks brother." Damon complained as Stefan walked out.

"Hold still." I sighed and started chanting which unlocked the lock on the chains. I was about to untangle them when the curtains opened by themselves. Damon started screaming in pain and started to burn. I looked at his hand and saw that his ring was gone. I quickly looked around and saw it of the coffee table. I used my magic and made it go back onto his finger, which made his stop burning and start to heal.

"Who the hell would do this?" I frowned, untangling the chains from Damon, letting him free from the chair.

"I have an idea." Damon mumbled. "Go get ready then meet me in the car."

I nodded and headed upstairs, got ready for the day, and then headed to the car. After we left Damon and I drove around until we spotted Bonnie and Caroline.

"Greetings Blondie, Witchy." Damon frowned. "I think you got your voodoo wires all crossed when you got rid of Vicki Donovan."

"What do you mean?" Bonnie asked. "Why?"

"Because we're pretty sure I just got spit roasted by Mason Lockwood's ghost." Damon shrugged.

"What?" Bonnie frowned.

"Why would you think that?" Caroline asked.

"Maybe because he chained me to a chair and shoved a hot poker in my chest." Damon frowned.

"Not that you didn't deserve it." I pointed out. "Karma's a bitch."

Damon gave me his bitch look before looking back to Bonnie and Caroline.

"Let's just say I'm having déjà vu."

"I though you said ghosts couldn't physically interact with people?" Caroline asked Bonnie curiously.

"They can't." Bonnie shrugged.

"Unless something else that has magic is holding them here." I pointed out. "Magic 101, girlies."

"Yeah, well, I don't have time for vengeful Lockwood's. When I kill someone they're supposed to stay dead!" Damon frowned. "Whatever you screwed up, fix it!"

With that Damon drove away from them and we headed to the Grill. When we arrived we saw Rick and Jenna headed towards the bar so we walked with them.

"Nope. I've had enough of vampires for today. Thanks. The only vampire I want to be around is Jenna. Rose, you're always welcome to sit with us." Alaric stated.

"Oh, come on." Damon complained. "Have a drink with me, we have trouble."

"No! You have trouble!" Ric snapped. "See, we're not a team, you tried to kill me!"