Chapter 33

The Next Day
Rose's POV:

The next morning I woke up to everyone downstairs.

"What's going on?" I asked curiously.

Damon, Stefan, and Elena all looked at me frowning, not saying anything.

"We're luring Klaus back to town." Lexi stated making Elena glare at her.

"Why are you guys keeping this from me?" I frowned.

"Because, we don't need you running back to your boy toy, messing up our plans!" Damon frowned.

"Wow, that's what you all think of me?" I frowned. "May I ask, how do you plan to kill him and keep me alive? We all know my life is connected to his."

"That's what we got Bonnie for." Stefan stated.

"Fine." I agreed. "Count me in."

"What?" Rebekah asked in shock. "Why would you want to kill my brother?"

"Because, he killed my sister and turned my aunt. Do I have to give anymore of a reason?" I frowned. I tried to make it seem like I don't care, but honestly, I don't want Klaus gone, not to mention that the feelings from so long ago are resurfacing. But they don't need to know that. "So what's the plan?"

"Well, alright." Stefan shrugged and started to walk into the library. "We'll say that Mikael followed Elena in here, thinking she was Rose. He tried to grab her so he could use her as bait."

"And you what? Vervained him?" Elena frowned.

"No, we vervained him. The guy's an original. Make it realistic." Damon commented.

"Okay, fine, we vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger." Stefan corrected.

"Which he planned to use in Rebekah, but instead we drove it through his heart." Lexi finished.

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" I asked.

"Good point. You, my brother, have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So if the idea is to lure him back here and kill him, the last thing we need is you getting tripped up and you he tied." Damon frowned.

"Well, don't look at me. I'm just in charge of getting him back here." Stefan shrugged.

"Klaus is smart." I pointed out. "If we tell him that Mikael's dead, he'll want proof."

"Than I shall be dead." A man, I assume was Mikael, walked in with a dagger and ash.

"What if he wants to see you in person?" Elena frowned.

"Well, it means that our plan is working." Mikael stated. "Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I kill him."

The words that Mikael said sent unpleasant shivers down my spine. I hope I can warn Klaus just in time before anything happens.

"With what?" Stefan frowned. "Those daggers won't work on him."

"Well, I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned." Mikael informed.

"Where is it?" Damon asked.

"Not here." Mikael said dipping the dagger in the ash. "Knowing it's location is my insurance policy."

"Against what?" Lexi asked.

"You leaving this in my heart. You see, a vampire can't dagger an original without dying. So, it falls to you." Mikael said handing me the dagger.