Chapter 52

The Next Morning:
Rose's POV:

Last night was hard after knowing we were loosing Ric. I ended up crying myself to sleep as Klaus held me and tried to comfort me. This morning I woke up to my eyes feeling extra heavy and red as I felt physically and mentally drained.

Klaus then came through the door with a light smile, holding a tray full of food as he set it down infront of me.

"I'm not hungry." I sniffed.

"You need to eat something, love." Klaus encouraged. "Alaric wouldn't want you going hungry. He'd want you to keep living your life to the fullest. Healthy."

I sighed and nodded, grabbing a peice of toast and took a bite.

"I have to make a few calls, will you be alright?" Klaus asked after looking at his phone.

I nodded.

Klaus kissed my head before leaving the room.

I ate what I could from the breakfast which ended up being a few berries, a few forks full of eggs, and another peice of toast before my own phone went off. Rebekah had text me.

'I'm sorry to hear about Alaric, but maybe getting your mind off it would do you some good? Would you mind helping me at the school?'

I replied back 'sure' before getting out of bed and getting changed. When I arrived to the school it was only Rebekah and I cleaning up the Cafeteria until Caroline showed up as well.

"Where's Matt?" Caroline asked.

"He bailed." Rebekah frowned. "Got called into work at the last minute."

"Are you kidding me?" Caroline huffed. "So it's just us?"

"Yes, and you're late." Rebekah stated. "Clean up comittee started at 8:00am."

"It's like 8:02." Caroline rolled her eyes.

"Exactly." Rebekah frowned. "Rosalie and I managed to turn up on time and I didn't even get to attend the dance that I organized."

"I'm sorry about your mom." Caroline said being nice. "I mean, I know you like, hated her and everything, but still. I'm sorry."

"Sorry about your teacher." Rebekah nodded. "He seemed like a nice guy."

I couldn't take that talk anymore so I set the trash bag down.

"I love you both, but I'm sorry, I can't listen to this." I said trying to keep it togther before walking out.

I walked around the school until I stopped at Alaric's classroom. Taking a deep breath I walked in looking towards the board, picturing him being funny and awkward as he taught us about local history.

"Well aren't you sentimental." A voice said making me freeze. "That just made my job easier."

I turn around slowly, seeing Ric smirking as he twirled the white oak stake.

"You're supposed to be dead." I frowned.

"I am." Ric chuckled darkly. "But you'll be wishing you were/"

Before I could do anything everything went black......

Third Person's POV:
Mystic Falls High:

Rebekah was walking towards the gym when Alaric walked out of his classroom.

"You're supposed to be dead." Rebekah frowned.

"That seems to be everyone's reaction." Ric smirked causing Rebekah to see Rosalie knocked out on the floor of his classroom.

Rebekah sped to get Rosalie only to be pinned into the lockers by Alaric. As he raised his arm to stake Rebekah Caroline pushed him off, pinning him to the locker as Rebekah staked him in the stomach but instantly backed up on shock as it never caught on fire.