Chapter 50

Third Person's POV:
Mikaelson Mansion:

Klaus was painting in his studio when Rebekah walked in.

"What took you so long?" Klaus frowned.

"Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake. Luckily I'm quite the charmer." Rebekah said holding up a stake.

"That's it?" Klaus smirked, thinking that was the last white oak stake.

"The last of the white oak stakes that could kill us." Rebekah agreed. "Do you want to do the honors, or shall I?"

Klaus grabbed the stake and threw it into the fireplace that was warming the room, then went back to painting.

"Well, that's that, then." Rebekah smiled, turning to leave.

"Pack your bags. We're leaving." Klaus stated.

"Today?" Rebekah asked.

"Why not? There's nothing keeping us here." Klaus shrugged. "We'll grab the doppelganger and be off by sunset."

"What about Rose?" Rebekah frowned. "And tonight's the decade dance."

"So?" Klaus stated. "Besides, she made it clear she wants nothing to do with me."

"So I'm head of the committee." Rebekah stated. "We have to go."

"I'm not going to any dance." Klaus frowned.

"Rosalie will be there. You could always try to fix it before we leave?" Rebekah pointed out.

"That means nothing to me." Klaus lied through his teeth. That meant everything.

"Tell that to your painting." Rebekah smirked. "Come on, please? I have big plans for tonight. Just go for me."

"Okay, fine." Klaus gave in. "One last hurrah."

"One last hurrah, Nik." Rebekah agreed before leaving.

Klaus sighed and turned to his painting. He didn't even realize he's been painting Rosalie, the same thing happened to him when he tried sketching after she left.

Rose's POV:

I woke up the next morning and headed to the school to help Caroline finish with last minute decorations. Strangely Rebekah has yet to show up.

"So Alaric is trying to pull himself together." Caroline shrugged. "Why is that a bad thing?"

"I just wish there was something I could do. I am a witch after all, but apparently Bonnie's herbs are helping." I sighed as we got to the decorations table where a chandeler sat, so I picked it up. "Where do you want me to hang this?"

"Ugh, you know what, if Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrosity, she should have shown up to do it herself." Caroline complained.

"It's weird, I haven't heard from her since yesterday." I admitted.

"What are you doing?" Caroline asked Jeremy and Matt as she gave the chandeler away. "You can't just hang them. They're supposed to trickle down. Look at them all bromancy,"

"Yeah, Jenna asked him to help Jer readjust. He even got him his old jo back at the Grill." I said impressed.

"That was nice of him." Caroline agreed.

"Mm-hmm." I nodded, setting up the snack table. "Jeremy has got a lot on his mind. The whole thing with Alaric has got the poor kid really stressed out."

"I think it got us all stressed out." Lexi said putting a box down. "Caroline called since Rebekah bailed."

I nodded in understandment.