Chapter 35

The Next Morning
Rose's POV:

I woke up the next morning feeling much better. My magic was back and my chest didn't ache anymore. Once I was ready for the day I walked downstairs to see Jenna ready to walk out the door.

"Hey, I'm headed to the grill to meet Ric for breakfast, wanna come?" Jenna asked.

"Sure, I'll drive." I smiled grabbing my bag and keys, taking us to the grill.

When we made it we sat at the bar where Ric was with Damon, who had alcohol lined up.

"Some breakfast you got there." I commented.

"Alright, you have your choice of Bloody Mary, Screwdriver, brunch in a bottle." Damon said taking a shot and washed it back with orange juice. "Come on guys, I can't drink all of this by myself. I mean, I could, but then somebody's getting naked."

Damon winked at me.

"Yeah, you really don't wanna bark up that tree." I rolled my eyes. "Klaus would have your head."

"Thank you for ruining my buzz and reminding me that I am a complete failure when it comes to killing a 1,000 year old original hybrid." Damon sulked. "And you, I can't believe you're making me drink alone."

"I'm busy." Ric stated.

"It's the eve of Klausageddon." Damon stated. "And you're doing homework?"

"This may come as a shock, but I am not here to hang out with you." Ric stated. "I'm here to have breakfast with my girlfriend and step daughter, and to see Jeremy who is an hour late for his shift."

"Kids today." Damon mocked. "Where are their values?"

"Same place as yours." I smirked.

"Rude." Damon pouted.

"That's his midterm paper." Ric stated, pulling out a paper that had an F on it. "Copied it straight off the internet. Didn't even try to hide it."

"Ooh, somebody's getting grounded." Damon stated.

"You don't even know the half of it." Jenna agreed.

"Did you say you were waiting on Jeremy? As in Jeremy Gilbert?" The bartender asked.

"Yeah, why?" Jenna asked.

"He was fired last week." The bartender informed.

"Well, someone is very grounded then." I sighed as Jenna pulled out her phone and Damon walked over to the dart board across the room.

"Jeremy, the minute that you get this, call me!" Jenna stated. "Unbelievable!"

"He's spiraling." I frowned. "Ever since Bonnie broke up with him, he's moodier than normal, he's not really talking to anyone, and that's weird for Jer. He's been doing so much better this past year."

"I know." Jenna nodded. "We'll get down to the bottom of this."

"How about a good old family sit down? Lunch in a few hours at the house?" I suggested.

"That actually sounds great." Ric agreed.

"I'm not arguing it." Jenna smiled then looked behind me and frowned. "Uh oh, Damon and Klaus look ready to kill one another."

I looked back to see them face to face.

"I'll be right back." I sighed. I walked over and crossed my arms. "Is everything okay over here?"

"Of course, love." Klaus smirked. "I was just asking if they might know exactly where Rebekah is. I can't see to find her and she's not picking up her phone."