Chapter 38

Rose's POV

After a while we were all eating and drinking in silence when Tyler walked in. The silence only then got tense as we all looked at him.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to crash the party." Tyler said.

"So don't." Matt frowned.

"Do I have to spell your mouth shut too?!" I glared at him.

"It's, uh, it's okay." Caroline said standing up and smiled. "Hi."

"Can I talk to you for a sec?" Tyler asked. "It's kind of important."

"Sure." Caroline sighed.

"If she's not back in 10 minutes I'm coming out there to find your ass!" I called out before they were gone.

"Can you be anymore obnoxious?" Elena rolled her eyes.

"Can you be anymore bitchy?" I retorted then looked to Matt who grabbed the bottle of tequila. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I want her to be happy, you know?" Matt sighed taking a drink. "It's what I want for all of you guys in the middle of this crazy life you got stuck living."

"Is that how you see it?" I frowned. "That we're stuck?"

"I'd say it's attached itself to all of you pretty tight, yeah." Matt nodded.

I just shrugged it off until Caroline hasn't come back in a while.

"Where are they?" Matt asked.

"I don't know, but I'm getting ready to go look." I sighed standing up.

"Are you sure?" Matt asked.

"Of course, I'll be back soon." I nodded.

I ended up walking deep into the woods after a good 10 minutes, still trying to find Caroline or Tyler. But when I was least expecting it, something or someone stabbed me in the neck and I passed out instantly.

Later

I woke up in a car and my head was pounding.

"What the hell?" I groaned seeing Stefan in the drivers seat and Elena in the passenger seat. "Witch Hazel again?!"

"What are you doing Stefan?!" Elena demanded just as her phone started ringing, but Stefan took it, putting it on speaker.

"Hello, Damon." Stefan smirked. "She's a little busy right now."

"What? Why the hell do you have Elena's phone?" Damon asked.

"I'm making my next move." Stefan shrugged as I looked at him in horror. "Let me ask you something, what's Klaus going to do if he can't make anymore hybrids and if his mate gets into a tragic accident?"

"What?!" Damon seethed. "Stefan! Leave them out of this!"

Stefan then hung up and threw Elena's phone out the window.

"What are you doing?!" I snapped.

"Stefan, let me out of this car!" Elena demanded as Stefan got his phone out. "Do you hear me?! Let me out of this car!"

Stefan dialed a number and put it on speaker.

"Stefan, how nice to hear your voice." Klaus said through the phone.

"Tell your hybrids to get out of town, Klaus!" Stefan frowned.

"Well, that's not going to happen until I get my coffins back." Klaus stated.