Chapter 31

Rose's POV
Later

After practice Rebekah and I went back to the Salvatore House. I was upstairs doing homework while Rebekah compelled herself a runway downstairs for homecoming. At least she promised not to kill any of them.

After a while I heard footsteps from out in the hall and decided to check it out. Elena and Rebekah were in Stefan's room.

"What's going on in here?" I asked confused since Rebekah hate's Elena.

"Snooping." Rebekah smirked taking out a pair of Stefan's underwear. "Boxer briefs. Now that's a change from the '20s."

"Are you going to root through his stuff all night?" Elena snapped. "Or are you gonna tell me your story?"

"You really are no fun." Rebekah sighed. "What do you want to know?"

"Well, Elijah said that your father was a landowner in Europe." Elena stated. "How did you guys end up here?"

"My parents had just started a family when a plague struck their homeland." Rebekah frowned. "They lost a child to us. They wanted to escape and protect their future family from the same fate."

"So how did you end up here?" Elena repeated. "This part of the world hadn't even been discovered yet."

"Heh, not by anyone in your history books." Rebekah smirked. "But my mother knew the witch Ayana, who heard from the spirits of a mystical land where everyone was healthy. Blessed by the gifts of speed and strength. That lead my family here where we lived amongst those people."

"The werewolves?" I asked surprised.

"I'm surprised you don't remember any of this, Rose. But anyways, to us, they were just our neighbors." Rebekah shrugged. "My family lived in peace with them for over 20 years, during which time my family had more children, including me."

"Sounds normal." I smiled. At least they knew some normal.

"It was." Rebekah smiled back, then frowned. "Once a month, our family retreated to the caves beneath our village. The wolves would howl through the night, and by morning, we'd return home. One full moon, Niklaus and my youngest brother Henrik snuck out to watch the men turn into beasts. That was forbidden. Henrik paid the price. And that was the beginning of the end of peace with our neighbors. And one of the last moments my family had together as humans."

Elena's phone then went off, making Elena look at it.

"You better get that." Rebekah said after clearing her throat. "That'll be Damon checking up on you."

Elena rolled her eyes before answering. "Hello? Damon? Where are you?...... Yes, I'm fine, but I can't talk right now........Was that Stefan?"

"What?!" I frowned. I walked over and took the phone from Elena, making her glare at me which I ignored.

"Why is Stefan with you?! Where is Lexi?!" I demanded.

"Yeah, I kind of went off-book, but don't worry. I know what I'm doing." Damon stated. "And as for Lexi, she's in the Forbes jail cell with a snapped neck taking a little power nap."

"Damon, how could you let him out?!" I seethed.

"I've got this, Rose!" Damon said before hanging up.

"Unbelievable!" I groaned, handing Elena back her phone.

Rebekah shrugged and grabbed one of Stefan's diaries, and laid on his bed as she started to read it. I took out my phone and asked if Caroline would be so kind and go check on Lexi while I keep an eye on Elena, knowing how bitchy she can be when she doesn't get what she wants.