Chapter 45

The Next Morning:

I woke up groaning as my phone rang.

"Answer it already love." Klaus groaned. "This is the 3rd time in ten minutes."

Rolling my eyes I roll over and grab my phone.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Rose, thank god!" Jenna said worried. "I've kept calling."

This caused me to sit up worried. "Jenna, what's wrong?"

"You need to get down to the station with me! Alaric's been arrested for attempted murder."

"I'm on my way!" I hung up and quickly got out of bed.

"Do you need my help love?" Klaus asked and I started to get dressed.

"I think I'd be better if you let me handle this by myself right now, I'll keep you in the loop though."

"Fine." Klaus frowned. "Be safe."

"Always am." I nodded and bolted out the door.

At The Police Station:

When I arrived Jenna, Damon, and Sheriff Forbes were already talking with Alaric who was in his cell.

"What the hell?" I frowned looking at Liz. "You're arresting him?"

"No, I'm detaining him." Liz assured. "The cell is for his own good. You were shot. Dr. Fell used vampire blood to heal you."

"Dr. Fell is the one who shot me!" Alaric exclaimed.

"Because you came at her with a knife!" Liz shot back.

"Yeah, with a knife he had found hidden in her things." Jenna defended.

"Are we going to go ignore the part where he's one of the killer's victims?" Damon stated.

"Wait? Killer?" I frowned. What has been going on around here that I haven't known about?

"Long story, get the e-book." Damon shrugged then turned back to Liz. "I mean, the guy was practically stabbed to death."

"Well, Dr. Fell suggested his wounds could have been self-inflicted." Liz said.

"You really think Ric would stab himself?" I scoffed.

"Look, I think I don't know what to think." Liz shrugged. "I got nothing except murder weapons from your stash and a respected member of a founding family pointing a very long finger."

"She is setting me up!" Rick stated. "I'm being framed here!"

"That maybe so, but I don't have any proof of that!" Liz stated.

"Then we'll find some!" I suggested.

"Yeah!" Damon agreed.

"No! You two stay out of this!" Liz exclaimed. "You two getting involved is only going to make matters worse."

"Listen, Liz- -"