Chapter 34

Third Person's POV

Klaus was with a few of his hybrids playing beer pong when another hybrid came up to him.

"You have a visitor."

"Well, tell my visitor I'm on the brink of victory here." Klaus shrugged.

"He said his name is Mikael."

"Then we mustn't keep him waiting." Klaus frowned. "Move everyone outback."

The hybrids did as told and Klaus walked towards the front door in front of Mikael.

"Hello, Niklaus." Mikael smirked.

"Hello, Mikael. Won't you come in?" Klaus mocked. "Oh, that's right. I forgot. You can't."

"Or you can come outside if you want." Mikael suggested.

"Or I could watch my hybrids tear you limb from limb." Klaus smirked.

"They can't kill me."

"True." Klaus nodded. "But it'll make a hell of a party game. All I have to do is rub these two fingers together, and they'll pounce."

"The big bad Wolf. You haven't changed." Mikael smirked. "Still hiding behind your playthings like a coward. You only forget, they may be sired by you but they're still part vampire. And they can be compelled by me."

The hybrid that got Klaus to see Mikael pulled Katherine and Rose out from the side so Klaus could see them. Klaus looked shocked and somewhat scared that Mikael had his hold on Rose.

Rose's POV:

I woke up with a slight head ache, only to be dragged in front of Klaus who looked worried.

"Come out and face me, Niklaus, or they both die." Mikael threatened.

"Go ahead." Klaus said making me look at him in shock and betrayal. "Kill them."

"No, Klaus. He'll do it." Katherine stated, scared for her sister's life.

"If she dies, this lot will be the last of your abominations." Mikael smirked. "And if this one dies, well, you'll be dead soon enough, but that would deprive me the enjoyment of staking you myself."

"I don't need them, I just need to be rid of you." Klaus glared.

"To what end, Niklaus?" Mikael asked. "So you can live forever with no one at your side? Nobody cares about you anymore, boy!"

"That's not true." I glared at Mikael, and turned to Klaus mouthing 'I trust you'. "I care."

"Shut up!" Mikael threatened, holding me by my throat then turned back to Klaus. "What do you have other than those whose loyalty you've forced? No one. No one, besides this pathetic and naive young girl."

"I'm calling your bluff, father." Klaus glared. "Kill them."

"Come outside and face me, you little coward." Mikael stated. "And I won't have to."

"My whole life you've underestimated me." Klaus frowned. "If you kill them, you lose your leverage. So go ahead. Go on. Kill them! Come on, old man. Kill them. Kill them!"

"Ah, your impulse, Niklaus, it has and will forever be the one thing that keeps you from truly being great." Mikael chuckled and stabbed Katherine.

Damon then came out of nowhere and stabbed Klaus, causing Mikael's grip on my neck to loosen. I ended up fighting through the pain and broke Mikael's hand and turned around, kicking him where the sun doesn't shine before stumbling through the doorway inside the house, and collapsed on the floor, holding my chest.