Chapter 40

Rose's POV:

"So, Niklaus, what did I miss?" Elijah frowned, wiping the blood from his hand.

"Elijah." I smiled as Klaus looks like he saw a ghost.

"You look surprised to see me." Elijah frowned. "I guess it wasn't you that removed the dagger from my chest?"

"You look like you could do with a drink, and we have a lot to discuss, so shall we?" Klaus offered, gesturing to the table.

Elijah punched Klaus out of anger and threw him into the other room, breaking the doors.

"Easy!" Klaus growled. "I just finished renovating!"

Klaus then threw Elijah to the table, breaking it.

"You know, you have every right to be mad at me, but I kept my word." Klaus stated. "I reunited you with our family."

Elijah kept punching and kicking Klaus into the other room where the coffins laid. Klaus opened a random coffin and took out the dagger as he pinned Elijah to said coffin.

"Don't make me do this to you again, Elijah!" Klaus growled.

"Don't!" I panicked walking over, putting my hand on Klaus' shoulder. "You're better than this."

"Come on, use it, I dare you." Elijah threatened. "Then you'll have Kol to deal with."

"Not helping Elijah." I glared, then turned back to Klaus. "Put the dagger down, please."

Klaus lowered his arm and backed up, letting Elijah go. "Mikael is dead."

"What did you say?" Elijah asked surprised.

"I killed him, with his own weapon." Klaus stated. "He's gone, Elijah, forever."

"Why do our family remain in the coffins?" Elijah frowned. "Finn for over 900 years, Kol for over a century."

"Because of Stefan Salvatore." Klaus frowned. "He holds the one thing keeping me from freeing them. There are things that you don't know about our past, Elijah. Our mother's death, things I never wanted you to know. But I'm ready to tell you now. I only ask that you remember the oath of loyalty you once swore to me."

Thinking that this conversation wasn't for me to listen into anymore, I headed to bed, letting them have their time together to catch up.

The Next Day:

I ended up staying at Klaus' all day. Katherine, Lexi, and I were sitting by the newly finished pool, relaxing, when Klaus walked outside.

"Well, you ladies look comfortable." Klaus stated.

"We are, so leave." Katherine stated.

"Be nice, Kat." I sighed, then looked at Klaus. "What's up?"

"According to Elijah, we have a dinner meeting with the Salvatore Brothers." Klaus sighed. "They'll be here soon and I need you there. There's a full new wardrobe in my closet for you, love."

"Wait, Elijah is undaggered?" Katherine asked happily. I smiled and nodded, causing her to turn to Klaus. "You have room for one more at dinner?"

"I'll see what I can do." Klaus sighed walking back into the house.

"And I guess this is my cue to leave." Lexi sighed grabbing her towel and purse. "Good luck with this discussion dinner."

"Thanks." I sighed, knowing tonight wasn't going to be any fun.

"Let's go get ready." Katherine said dragging me upstairs to Klaus' room to look through the new wardrobe.

Later