Chapter 23

Rose's POV:

"Any day now." Klaus sighed. "She's being dramatic."

"Look, why don't you just tell me what the hell is going on?" Stefan suggested. "I mean, you obviously want me here for a reason, right?"

"Well, you have many useful talents." Klaus admitted.

"Do I?" Stefan asked.

"In fact, I learned some of my favorite tricks from you." Klaus smirked then told us how he and Stefan used some of their tricks on unwilling victims. "I was your number one fan."

"Why should I believe any of this?" Stefan asked warily.

Klaus stopped in front of a security guard and compelled him. "When she wakes up, tell her to meet us at Gloria's bar. Then volunteer your carotid artery and let her feed until you die."

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously as we started to leave.

"Well, Stefan thinks I'm lying." Klaus shrugged. "We knew each other and he trusted me with one of his secrets, so now I'm going to prove it to him."

"How?" Stefan frowned.

"We're going to your old apartment." Klaus stated.

Third Person's POV:
Gloria's Bar:

While Stefan, Klaus, and Rose were gone, Gloria had a full house as Damon Salvatore walked in.

"Well, look what the wind blew it." Gloria stated as Damon walked up to the bar. "Last I heard, you hated this place."

"Gloria? Damn!" Damon stated. "If I knew you were going to age like this, I would have stuck around."

"I always did like you better." Gloria chuckled. "But I see your brother is still running around with the wrong crowd."

"You've seen him?" Damon asked.

"With Klaus and his little pet." Gloria stated making Damon frown at her. "Sorry. But that's a bad combo."

"Tell me about it." Damon mumbled. "Do you know where they went?"

"They'll be back here later tonight." Gloria shrugged. "They're out running a little errand for me."

"Gloria, don't be a tease." Damon frowned. "What kind of errand?"

"Mmm. I don't think so." Gloria smirked. "You may be cute, but you're still a vampire."

With that Gloria walked away.

Rose's POV:

When we arrived, the building was all rubbed down. Maybe it was better looking back in the day?

Klaus looked at the door and frowned, pushing it open easily as he walked in.

"Do you feel that?" Klaus frowned, turning to Stefan. "Is anybody here?"

"It's been vacant for decades." Stefan shrugged. "People must break in all the time."

"He's got a point." I stated looking around. "Why did you bring us here?"

"Your friend, Liam Grant, the one who drank his wife's blood- - I could never figure out why you wanted his name." Klaus said to Stefan. "And then you told me your little secret. It was all part of your special little ritual."

"To write it down." Stefan frowned.

"And relive the kill, over and over again." Klaus said pulling open the secret storage behind the shelf. "You believe me now?"