Chapter 22

Rose's POV:
The Next Day:

Klaus had us driving all night when we finally made it to wherever the hell he was taking us. Once we came to a warehouse, I jumped out the second the car came to a stop to stretch.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asked.

"I know how much you loved it here." Klaus stated as they opened a door, looking out to the city that was unfamiliar to me. "Bringing back memories of the good ole ripper days?"

"Blacked out most of them." Stefan admitted. "Lot of blood. Lot of partying. The details are all a blur."

"Well, that is a crying shame." Klaus smirked as I stood with them, admiring the city. "The details are what makes it legend. Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much more fun. Chicago was magical."

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it." Stefan sighed. "Like I said, I don't remember much of it."

"Ready to get down to business, then?" Klaus asked as he shut the door.

"Why are we still with you?" Stefan asked. "We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?"

"We're going to see my favorite witch." Klaus said causing me to unintentionally scoff. Oops. "Sorry, second favorite. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her."

Klaus walked back towards the car.

"Nooo," I complained. "We've been driving around forever! Can't we just walk?"

"Fine." Klaus agreed, shutting the drivers door.

We ended walking the busy, but beautiful streets of Chicago. I couldn't imagine what it must have been like almost 100 years ago. After a while, we finally walked into a bar.

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus asked as we walked in.

"I can't believe this place is still here." Stefan said amazed.

"You've got to be kidding me." A lady, a witch I easily sensed, stated.

"So a hybrid walks into a bar, said to the bartender....."

"Stop." The woman frowned. "You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny."

"Finally, someone says it." I smirked making Klaus roll his eyes.

"I like you." The woman smiled at me then looked to Stefan. "You, I remember."

"Yeah, you're Gloria." Stefan nodded. "Shouldn't you be..."

"Old and dead?" Gloria finished. "Now, if I die. Who's gonna run this place, huh?"

"Gloria is a very powerful witch." Klaus informed.

"I can slow the aging down some, but it'll catch up to me." Gloria shrugged then pointed to me. "But I'm not as powerful as your friend here. I haven't heard of a Traveler being around in a very long time."

"I guess I'm lucky." I shrugged.

"Mmmhmm." Gloria humed, giving me a look that made me feel like something was off.

"Love, why don't you and Stefan go and fix us some drinks?" Klaus suggested, noticing how uncomfortable I'm getting with Gloria.

I took one last glance at the witch before following Stefan to the bar.

"So, when did you and Klaus start getting along?" Stefan frowned.

"I don't know." I sighed honestly. "It's just a part of me I'm trying to avoid right now, but this bond is making it super hard."

"You're an all powerful witch, can't you break it?" Stefan asked.

"Not without killing myself in the process." I frowned.

"Huh, wouldn't want that, would we?" Stefan smirked.

Rolling my eyes, I looked away from making the drinks and started to admire the old pictures on the wall, until one caught my eye.

"What the hell?" I frowned, picking up a picture of Stefan and Klaus with their arms wrapped around each other's shoulders from 1920. "You sit around judging me, but when were you gonna tell me that you and Klaus were best friends?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" Stefan scoffed taking the picture, looking at it in shock.

"You don't remember that?" I asked with a frown.

"No." Stefan frowned then looked across the bar at Klaus. "What the hell is this?!"

"Well I told you, Stefan." Klaus smirked standing up as he walked over to us. "Chicago's a magical place."

"But this is me, with you." Stefan said showing him the picture.

"Yes, way to be observant Stefan, lets go." Klaus said walking out of the bar, causing Stefan and I to follow.

The walk back to the warehouse was getting on my nerves with Stefan pestering Klaus about the past.

"This doesn't make any sense." Stefan continued as we finally got to the warehouse. "Why don't I remember you?"

"You said it yourself, Stef. That time had a lot of dark holes, maybe you just don't remember him because of all the blood." I frowned. "Can we just drop the interrogations now? It's getting on my nerves!"

"Stay out of this Rose!" Stefan demanded. "If you knew me, then why haven't you said anything?!"

"I'm a little busy right now, and Rose is right, the interrogations are getting annoying. Memory lane will have to wait."

Fed up, Stefan grabbed Klaus arm, roughly turning him around.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!" Stefan demanded. "Answer me."

"Oh, for fucks sake. Tell him so he shuts the fuck up!" I complained.

Klaus removed Stefan's hand from his arm. "Well, lets just say we didn't get off to a brilliant start. To be honest, I hated you."

Klaus went on telling us how Stefan started dating Rebekah, his little sister who we're going to get for Gloria. From what my old memories tell me, Rebekah is a bitch but she was like my sister. I can't wait to see her again!

"Wait, so I knew another Original vampire?" Stefan frowned.

"If you can't handle it, then don't ask." Klaus stated taking my hand before walking away from Stefan. We then stopped in front of a coffin.

I gasped when I saw a dagger in Rebekah's chest. She was still dressed as if it was the 1920's. I can't believe he kept her daggered for over 90 years!

"Why did you do this?" I frowned at Klaus.

"Believe it or not, to protect her." Klaus said making me scoff.

"I don't recognize her." Stefan frowned as he looked over her body.

"Don't tell her that." I warned, thinking of some of the temper tantrums I'd have to witness between her and Klaus back in 1492z

"Rosalie's right." Klaus nodded. "Rebekah's temper is worse than mine." Klaus then pulled the dagger from Rebekah's chest. "Time to wake up little sister."