Follow Your Heart

A/N

Hey, everyone!

A kind of short chapter but hey! It's an update!

This chapter is dedicated to @Kavsi2005 .

Thank you for the votes and support.

And thanks for being a great friend. (Though you make me want to choke on oxygen sometimes)

***

"What happened?"

Alexander Adams had been lost in his thoughts for the past five minutes, staring at the dark brown haired girl who sat beside his unconscious father, her paled hand placed over his father's large tanned one, long fingers trembling, brown eyes glossy and he was brought out of his thoughts by her voice.

Alex sighed as he leaned against the white wall of the hospital room. He never liked hospitals. He had hated them since the moment the doctors said that there was no hope for his elder sister.

"He got a heart attack." Alex said, willing his voice not to break as his gaze landed on his father who looked almost lifeless, multiple of machines connected to him, the only sign of life, being the rhythmic rise and fall of his chest.

And that simple movement gave him hope.

Hope.

He was at his uncle's house when he got the message, saying that his father was hospitalized. And within fifteen minutes, Alex was outside the hospital room. Hearing that his father was in a critical situation, Alex decided to inform his sister and mother.

It had taken him nearly an hour to persuade his mother to go home with aunt Carlie, his mother's sister, firmly saying that she needed rest to be strong for his father.

However, his younger sister was firm in her decision. She didn't want to go until their father's condition was at least stable.

Zena turned around to face him and Alex almost flinched at the tears swirling in her eyes.

He hated seeing her cry. He truly hated seeing his sister cry.

"I know that, Alex." Zena spoke and he was surprised at how strong she sounded. "I mean, what made father get a heart attack?"

"Doctors said that he had a huge shock." Alex said. "Maybe something in the business.."

"No." Zena cut him short. "You and I both know that it is not the truth. Father had always been so strong. He's not the kind to get panicked because of something in the business. This... This is something more."