I needed to let out some steam.

I marched straight in to the school gym after my meeting with Mr. Jenkins, our head master, leaving my friends and Daniel.

I changed in to a pair of sport shorts and a high vest before wrapping black tape around my wrists and palms. I removed my boots and tied my hair in to a high pony tail.

I then started to punch a punching bag. First, I gave it a small punch. I needed to let out some steam. All those encounters with Thompson and head master and all had given rise to a fierce storm inside myself. That bastard even dared to bring Aubrey to the conversation.

Feeling anger boil inside me, I threw another punch at the punching bag. I narrowed my eyes, concentrating. The punching bag moved backward and then forward. I dodged it and at once threw another punch.

This time, it was more violent.

More furious.

More strong.

I took a step backward, bringing my clenched fists in a defensive position and placed my feet slightly apart.

I threw several more hard and furious punches at the poor bag. By then, my fists had started to ache a bit. Ignoring the pain, I bit my lip and punched the bag again and again. A strand of my hair fell on to my face and I jerked my head, throwing it back.

I let out a breath and continued to punch the bag, ruthlessly. I so much needed to let out this anger and calm myself.

By then, sweat was dripping down my forehead and my hands were paining.
I wiped the sweat off my forehead with the back of my hand and started to punch again.

"Woah! Zena! Are you gonna break your wrists or something?"

Said a voice behind me, sounding amused.
I swung on my heels, ready to beat the one who ever disturbed me and also made fun of me.

" Daniel?"
He grinned at me sheepishly and whistled.
"You look pretty furious." He commented as he approached me.
He sat in a corner, gesturing at me to sit beside him.
I sighed but settled down beside him.
He gently took my hand and slowly unwrapped the black tape.
"I know you are angry." Daniel said in a calm voice.

"I am beyond angry." I hissed. "That jerk bad mouthed Aubrey! He dared to.." My voice broke and I felt my vision get blurred by unshed tears. Tears threatened to fall and I quickly blinked them away.

I don't cry. I never cried, not even once since ...Ummm.. Since.. Urghh!

Daniel wrapped an arm around me, pulling me closer. I rested my head on his shoulder, closed my eyes shut and tried my best to push back the awful memories that kept popping up in my mind.

"It is okay, sweetheart." Daniel whispered, soothingly. "I can understand your pain." I took a deep breath and got up.

"Let's go. Others might be waiting for us." I said and started to walk away.

Daniel at once jumped on to his feet and grabbed my hand.
"Listen Zena, remember one thing." He said. "Whatever happens, we will always be there for you. You will never be alone."

I managed to give him a small smile and nodded. "I know." I said, almost in a whisper.

We walked out of the gym after I changed back in to my trousers, top and jacket.
We walked straight in to the cafeteria where the others were waiting for us.

"Zena!" Isla and Mia jumped on to their feet as soon as they saw me. "Where did you go?"
"She was beating the shit out of a poor punch bag." Daniel said even before I could open my mouth.
"You know what, I can speak for myself." I said, scowling at Daniel.
"Ooops! Can you really?" He asked, putting on a surprised face, making the others laugh.
Even I had to smile. Daniel always was able to make me smile.