Love brings heart breaks.

Daniel grinned as he ran a hand through his messy black locks, his eyes shining.

"Hey, Sweet heart." He said, winking at Zena.

Zena raised her eyebrow, amusement clear in her eyes.

"Hey, jackass!" She greeted back, a lazy grin spreading across her face, making Daniel frown.

Henry and the others shared looks, clearly amused by the two's exchange.

"Ahem! As much as we would like to stay here, listening to you two pleasantly greet each other,"
Emma started, crossing her arms in front of her chest. "We'd much prefer to go on, you know."

Zena rolled her eyes.
"You guys go ahead. I'll catch up with you guys at our bikes." Zena said, nodding at her friends.
The others nodded and walked ahead.

Zena watched them leave for a few seconds and turned her attention back to Daniel. He was leaning against his  motor bike, ankles crossed, his helmet rested on the bike. He gave her a lazy smile.

"Sooo, let's start from why you are here." Zena said. "Aren't you supposed to be with Alex?"

"Aww.. Come on! Do I have to take permission to visit my favorite girl?" He asked. Zena raised an eyebrow and he pouted.
"Come on, Zena. I came all this way to see you and you didn't even give me a hug!" Daniel complained and Zena threw back her head and laughed.

She smiled at Daniel and he stretched his arms wide, gesturing at her to join him in a hug. Her smile widened and she ran in to his arms. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer to him. She let out a sigh in content, feeling herself engulf in a protective warmth and comfort.

"I missed you, Danny." She whispered, her voice muffled against his chest. He grinned as they pulled away. "I missed you too, darling." He said and playfully ruffled her hair, making her slap his hands away, scowling.

"So, why did you come here all of a sudden?" She asked, soothing her hair.
Daniel sighed. "I'm going to California, tomorrow." He said. "I came to say good bye."

Zena's face fell. "Umm.. O..okay... For how long will you be there? And why do you want to go there, suddenly?" She asked, looking up at him with her brown eyes.

"I'll be there for about two weeks." Daniel said, his shoulders were tensed and his face was grim. "My mom.. She is sick, like really sick."
Zena gasped in shock. Daniel did not have a good relationship with his mother but still, she was his mother.

Zena placed a hand on his tensed shoulder and gave him a comforting squeeze and felt him relax under her touch. She placed her free hand on his other shoulder and gazed in to his eyes.
"No matter what, remember one thing, Daniel. You are never alone. I will always be there for you, you know." She said,softly. "You were there for me when I needed you the most,I will never forget what you did for me."
Daniel smiled and took her hands in his.
"As soon as I come back, I'll visit you right away." He said. "Keep waiting for your Knight in shining armor, princess." He added with a cheeky grin.
Zena laughed. "Knight in shining armor?" She asked, arching an eyebrow. "Rather like one in rusted tin foil." Daniel scowled but soon, grinned and ruffled her hair.

"I better be going." He said, glancing at his wrist watch. "Alas! I can't stay any longer." Zena smiled and gave him another hug. "Take care, sweet heart." Daniel said, a concerned expression on his face. "Neither I nor Alex would be around for a few weeks. Be careful,okay?"
Zena grinned. "I'm not that naive girl, Daniel." She said with a confident smile. "The Queen can take care of herself."

"Without her Knights?"

Zena rolled her eyes. "Whatever!"

"Anyway, I'll see you later." Daniel said as he climbed on to his motor bike. "Bye, bye, my love! I love you!"
Zena laughed and waved. "Good bye, Daniel. Love you too."
Daniel made a call me gesture before taking his leave, throwing a final wink in her direction.