Always

A/N

Hey, guys.

Hope you all are doing fine and here's the next chapter.

This one is dedicated to my cousin sister for her kindness and genuineness.

Get well soon, sis!

***

"God damn it."

      Lysander cursed, running a hand through his black locks in utter frustration. "Why the heck isn't she answering her bloody phone?"

Ethan raised his head from the magazine he was reading to give his friend a look of pity.

"Queen trouble, again?" He asked.

Ethan had known Lysander since the two were kids. And all throughout these years, he had never seen his best friend fall in love.

Ethan wondered whether it could merely be called as falling in love. He himself thought that Lysander didn't fell but dived in to love.

And for the past few days after Zena's dad's sudden illness, both if them had been acting strange. Ethan had noted that Zena was more cautious and jumpy while Lysander got more protective of her.

Lysander groaned as he fell back on to the couch, worry etched on his face. "Something like that." He muttered. "Zena is nowhere to be found. I was with her in the whole day but then got a message from dad, asking me to join a really urgent meeting. I didn't want to leave her after everything she went through but she insisted that she'd be alright, reminding my presence would be essential in the meetings considering neither her father nor Alexander could be there though we are partners in business."

"And?" Ethan helped.

"When I returned, Zena was gone. And guess what? Her friends didn't even that know she was gone." Lysander said. "And she isn't answering her damn phone. I may be over reacting but I just can't help it. She has been acting weird these days and I know it's not just the fact that her father is in the hospital. There's something more,Ethan. And it's eating my ninja girl from inside."

"Well.... I did notice that she was a little on the edge for the past few days." Ethan said, thoughtfully. "But I'm sure she is alright, dude. This is the Queen we are talking about."

"I know. I know." Lysander sighed as he again tried to call Zena who had been unreachable for the past hour. "I know she's strong but I can't help but think that even the strongest person would break down one day, once the pain gets too much. And I... I'm afraid that I won't be there for her in a moment like that."

Ethan's gaze softened at the sincerity in his voice. "Dude, I get it." He spoke, placing a hand on Lysander's shoulder. "But maybe... Maybe she just went to get some air."