Ice creams

"Straight to the ice cream shop!"

Mia shouted from behind me as she jumped off her motor bike. Henry who had reached the spot a second before her, cheered at her idea. I was leaning against my bike as I gazed at my other friends who also drove in to the park. All of them were on their own bikes, except Henry who was riding with Edward. We all had raced up to the city vehicle park on our bikes.

"Ice cream, it is." I agreed, pulling myself off the bike and standing straight with my arms crossed. Henry beamed and Mia nodded her head vigorously.
In several seconds, the eight of us were walking to the ice cream shop. We decided to leave our bikes there and have a little walk.

We were walking along the pavement and were almost at the ice cream shop when a group of five guys got my attention.
They were walking to the opposite direction from us but suddenly one of them caught sight of us.

"ZENA!" Jake yelled, waving his arms in the air, frantically. He pushed the bag he was holding in to Lyzender's hands and rushed to me. Max beamed and made his way toward us, waving but not before throwing his bag to an astonished Lyzender. I almost tumbled on to the ground when Jake flung himself on me. I hugged him back and after a lot of effort,managed to pull myself away from him. Even before I could catch my breath, Max took his place, pulling me in to a bone crushing hug.

"Yo dudes!" Henry grinned, bumping fists with Jake and Max. Ethan approached us and gave me a side hug before smiling wide at the others. "Hello, ladies." He smiled. Isla blushed as she mumbled a hi with the others.

Wait! She blushed! Hmmmmmm.... Something was definitely going on with her.

Blaze also made his way toward us and gave me a small smile before nodding at the others. Yeah, he smiled. I guess, I had got past his walls yesterday. I gave him a warm smile before offering him a fist bump. "Yo boys. What made you here?" I asked. "We came for ice creams." Max said in a duh voice as he wrapped an arm around Edward's shoulders.
"Had to practically bribe that grumpy boy over there to come." He added, nodding toward Lyzender. And that's when I focussed on Lyzender who was staring at our friendly exchange with wide eyes and a dropped jaw, as if a group of aliens and zombies and vampires were having a reunion. I mentally laughed at his expression. He looked pretty clueless and lost.

"Guys, what the hell is going on here?" He demanded in a cold voice as he finally got off his shock. He had dropped the bags that Max and Jake gave him. "And what are you doing with them?" He pronounced the word them as if it was poison on his tongue.

"Oh, yeah. Lyzender, meet our new friends. Mia, Emma, Lily, Isla, Henry, Edward and finally, our queen, Zena." Jake said, casually pointing to each one of us.
"F..fr..friends?" Lyzender stammered. "You are friends?"
"No shit Sherlock." I said with an eye roll. Jake laughed and flung an arm around my shoulders. "That's the spirit, Zenny." He grinned. I smiled back at him and caught Lyzender glaring daggers at us, with the corner of my eye.

"Let's get ice creams guys." Jake said, ignoring Lyzender's glares as he pulled me toward the shop. "Nothing is more important than ice creams!" "Now, that's my motto." Henry said with a laugh. "I finally met someone with a brain!"
As we entered the shop, I saw Ethan and Max dragging Lyzender along with them. I mentally snorted.

We entered the shop and Jake ordered thirteen ice creams. "Can't you count, Jake?" I demanded. "There are only twelve of us." He nodded. "I'm aware ,babe." He said. "But you know what, I want two!" I smacked the back of his head and chuckled as he rubbed the back of his head, pouting at me.
"Awwww.. Jakey is hurt." I cooed as I pinched his cheeks, making him slap my hands away. We all got our ice creams and Ethan handed out one to a sulking Lyzender.

We walked out of the shop and made our way toward a couple garden chairs positioned under a tree. Isla and Lily shared one chair while the other was taken by Emma . Mia promptly took her place on Isla's lap, ignoring her shrieks of disagreement. Henry propped himself on the ground near the chairs and Max copied him. Ethan leaned against Isla's chair and Edward sat cross legged on the ground. Blaze leaned against the tree and so did Lyzender. I walked toward Emma's chair and raised myself on to it's head board's top. Jake sat beside me and we all started to lick our ice creams.

"Have you got any plans for today's evening?" Jake asked, casually wrapping an arm around my shoulders in a friendly way. I shook my head, not feeling even a tiny bit of uncomfortableness with his arm around me. He felt really close to me just like Henry and Edward. He was more like a silly brother.

"We don't." I said, taking a mouthful of my cold ice. Jake's eyes shone with excitement. "Do you...have any idea?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. He leaped down in a hurry, almost upsetting my ice as well as Emma's. Emma shrieked and shook her fist at him. But he took no notice of her as he swallowed the rest of his second ice cream and turned to the others. "Why don't we all pack some food and go on a picnic? I think that would be a great thing to do." He announced. "I even know a good spot by a lake." Everyone cheered for his idea. Everyone except Lyzender and Blaze. Blaze was busy on his cellphone and Lyzender had an emotionless expression on his face. I grinned at Jake. "That's a good idea." I said, jumping down. "Hey! Blaze! What do you think?" I yelled. Blaze raised his head to meet my gaze. He shook his head and returned his attention back to his cell. I groaned. "Come on dude, it will be fun." I said, making my way toward him. I playfully slapped his shoulder. "Come on Blazey, Please.." Blaze finally looked at me and nodded. Others cheered behind me and I grinned and flung my arms around Blaze, giving him a hug, surprising himself as well as me. He stiffened under my touch but slowly he hugged me back. I smiled to myself and pulled away, grinning.

Jake gave a wolf whistle. "Woah! Girl! You are amazing!" He said. "That boy has not even hugged me! " I turned around to meet their awed , surprised and shocked faces. I internally flinched as I saw Lyzender's face. His jaw was clenched and his green eyes were darkened, holding a strange rage. As soon as his eyes met mine, he forced a neutral expression on to his face.
"Are you coming dude?" Max asked from Lyzender. Lyzender nodded. Max grinned and flung an arm around his shoulders.
"That's settled now." He said.

"But how are we going there? We can't possibly walk all that way." Ethan said.

"We have our bikes." Isla said.
Mia nodded.
"But we have only six bikes." Edward pointed out.
"That's easy to manage." Max shrugged. "Two on each."

We bought loads of food and drinks. Henry also bought a ball while Isla bought rugs and things.
And finally we reached the place where our bikes were.

"Ethan , you and Dunbar can ride Emma's bike." I said. "Blaze and Max, take Mia's. Henry and Edward, you ride your own. Lily and Emma, you are on Lily's bike. Mia and Isla can ride Isla's one. And finally...umm.. I guess you are with me ,Jake."
Jake grinned and nodded.

We all climbed on to the respective bikes. Jake climbed on behind me. "Tell the way, Jakey." I said as I revived the engine. "Here we go!"