She had to be Strong.

The school bell rang loudly, indicating the end of the studies for that day, the loud ring echoing through the school premises.

And suddenly, the empty hallways of Hickling Green College were filled with chatting and laughing and shouting students.

Zena Audrey Adams was also among the crowd of students, walking up to her lockers, her English books hugged to her chest. She was in a knee length floral dress, brown hair curled. Isla Summers and Henry Jacobsen were walking along with her, Henry's blond hair cut short and neatly combed to a side and he was dressed in black trousers and a blue shirt, his hands stuffed in his pockets. Isla was in a short summer dress, her pale hair in a neat bun as she chatted excitedly, a full blown grin on her face.

"So," Henry started as the three friends finally reached their lockers that were located close to each other. "You girls up for the part tonight?"

Isla smiled, her face lighting up. "Of course. It's going to be like the best party of the year!" She said. "There's no way I'm going to miss it."

"Me neither." Henry grinned and both of them turned to Audrey expectantly.

Audrey sighed as she pulled out her bag from her locker and started to pack it. "I'm not sure guys." She confessed. "You know I don't feel that comfortable in crowded places."

Isla groaned. "Aw come on, Audey! This is going to be the best party ever! Pretty please, girl. You have to come!"

"I second that." Henry piped in. "It'd be much fun if you also join us, Cinderella. You can even run away before midnight if you want." He added the last part with a cheeky win.

Audrey chuckled. "I don't know guys." She shrugged. "Do you think Alex would allow me?"

Isla rolled her eyes. "Of course he would. He's your brother and not your father." She exclaimed. "Besides, I heard that he is going as well."

"Oh?" Audrey raised an eyebrow. "Well... Then... I..." And then her eyes went wide as they fixed on a certain point over Henry's shoulder and she hissed at them in an urgent whisper. "Guys, listen. There's that guy I told you about, behind you. And do not, I mean it, do not turn around."

Both Henry and Isla at once turned around to look, making Audrey groan and slap her forehead. "I said don't look!" She hissed.

"Who do you mean?" Henry asked out loud. "I can't see..."

With a shriek, Audrey pulled both Henry and Isla behind a locker so fast that Henry bumped his head on it. "Ow!" He whined. "What was that for?"

"He almost saw us, you idiot!" Audrey said, scowling. "We could have been caught, staring at him."

"You mean that guy in glasses?" Isla whispered, peeping around the locker to get a look at the said boy.

"Yup." Audrey confirmed, peeping over Isla's shoulders. "He's in my Chemistry class and I've caught him staring at Aubrey more than once."

"You think... You think he likes your sister?" Henry asked, placing a hand on Audrey's shoulder and leaning over her head.

"I don't think. I know." Audrey confirmed.

"He's... He's kinda cute." Isla said.

Audrey hummed under her breath. "Yeah. He seems to be a good guy." She agreed. "I just wish that he'd have the gutt to tell her his feelings."