Falling again.

Zena's POV

I stood at the door like an idiot, trying to verbalize my thoughts. I had thousands of things to say but the words seemed to be struck in my throat. I mean.. Can you blame me? Lyzender Dunbar was standing in front of me!

LYZENDER FUDGING DUNBAR!!!!

Okay, I was calm. I was calm. I was sooo calm..

"Hey!" Lyzender said, a boyish grin spreading across his face.

Darn! He looked sooo cute.. I mean not cute, yeah, not cute.

I blinked, staring at him as if he was my long dead great grand father.

"Ummm... So..." Lyzender started, stuffing his hands in to his trouser's pockets. "Should I keep standing here in the rain orrrr..."

And that snapped me out of my staring as I realized, Lyzender was still standing in the heavy rain. All the anger, pain and rage resurfaced and my fists clenched.

Probably noticing my change, Lyzender's smile dropped.
"Listen, Zena, I .. I want to talk with you. It's not what you think, I have nothing.."

And then, I did something really clever.

Stepping inside the apartment, I slammed the door shut and locked it.

For a few seconds, the only sound in the environment was the sound of the heavy rain. I leaned against the door and slid down until I was sitting on the ground and buried my head in my hands, tears pooling in my eyes. Images of Lyzender and Veronica kissing, flashed in my mind and I wanted to rip out that woman's throat.

"Zena! Zena! Open the door!" Lyzender's voice came from the other side of the closed door. "Zena....please..." His voice broke in the end and it was like he himself was suffering. His voice was laced in pain, almost breaking my heart.

"Zena, please... I want to talk, please.. Let me explain.."

At that moment, I wanted nothing more than throwing this damn door open and jumping in to his arms. Gathering all the rage and strength I could muster, I held back myself from doing something stupid like that.

Why in the world was he here?

And most importantly, HOW DID HE KNOW WHERE I WAS????

Did Isla tell him? I knew she would! She's always the kind one. But, wait! It couldn't be her. She promised not to tell anyone.

Then...how? Who?

"Zena please...."

I sighed, leaning my head against the door and tears streamed down my cheeks. Damn! Why couldn't I hold these stupid tears?

Several minutes passed and there was no sound of Lyzender. I wondered whether he had gone away after all. Scrambling up from my position, I bent and peeped out of the key hole. Catching no sight of him, I secretly unlocked the door and opened it, just two or three inches and peeped out, feeling like spying on Alex when I was five.

My heart tightened at what I saw.
Lyzender was leaning against the wall, his eyes closed. His lips were pulled in to a straight line, showing his stubbornness and determination. What made my heart clench was that stupid idiot was soaking in rain!

I shut the door and leaned my forehead against it.

What should I do? What should I do? What should I do? God! What should I do?