Missing You

A/N

Dedicated to Shee_Kingskid.

Thank you for being an amazing friend and being there for me.
I owe you.

And happy birthday for my oldest younger cousin, sorry for late, bro.

+++

The memories were all a blur in his mind.

He barely remembered the others screaming as he stared at his sister's motionless body.

It was as if he wasn't even there.

The loud sirens were almost like a dream.

No.

A nightmare.

Alex remembered reaching for his sister, trembling at her face that had patches of soot, a nasty gash on her forehead that was oozing blood, barely breathing.

He remembered pulling her in to his arms as his trembling fingers touched her face and then her pulse point. It was almost a reflex.

The memory of his elder sister's lifeless eyes flashed in his mind and that memory alone was traumatizing enough.

He remembered the shouts.

But he made no sense of them. His gaze was fully focussed on his sister.

He was late.

A small voice in the back of his mind stirred in to life. It's your fault. It hissed. You killed her. You were too late.

He was late.

Too late.

It was as if he was lost. Lost between past and present. He couldn't do anything.

It was as if he was in a trance as he cradled her body in his arms and pleaded with her to open her eyes.

Please.

He was broken out of his trance immediately as a pair of arms wrapped themselves around his sister, one carefully cradling her head and the other snaking behind her knees.

Alex raised his gaze to meet a pair of green eyes, equally troubled, worried and terrified like him but also flashing with an undefeatable determination and hope.

Lysander.

And for the first time Alexander realized that he didn't know what to do. But somehow the other guy knew.

And he was grateful.

Really grateful.

He watched with blurry eyes as Lysander carried his sister toward his car, Jake hastily opening the door for him.

Alex felt lost.

He wanted to go after his sister but it was as if his feet had frozen on the spot.

"Alex," Ava was by his side in a flash, pulling him on to his feet. That is when he realized that he was on his knees.

Like a loser.

A weakling.

"Alex, she's going to be okay. Do you hear Me? Zena is going to be okay. She is alive. Alex!"