Is one life worth of all of them.

A/N

Dedicated to henryjackson2000
Welcome to Wattpad, bro!

PS. If you are reading this, my dear cousin, then I'm kindly warning you to shoo away.

Remember our deal, you rotten potato.

***

She felt as if she was in a dream.

A nightmare, maybe.

Words were swirling around in her brain and she was able to grasp only four words.

Lysander had an accident.

And she knew that this was what Gabriel meant when he said that she was going to lose the ones she love.

It was his doing.

She faintly heard Isla repeatedly saying that he was going to be okay.

Was going to be okay.

Not okay.

And that realization terrified her.

She barely remembered Isla telling her that they were in the hospital and not to panic but somehow, her cell phone had slipped out of her grasp and it lay by her feet as she stamped on the accelerator.

She didn't remember how she managed to reach the local hospital without crashing in to another vehicle. It was as if she was in a dream, her body not being controlled by her.

And she remembered. She remembered people shouting as she almost crashed in to a black jeep. She remembered its colour.

Black.

Zena felt as if she was drowning. Drowning in a bottomless depth. The last straw she could hang on to, slipping through her fingers as she sank in a bottomless depth of freezing water and darkness. She felt as if invisible fingers were strangling her, her breathing choked, throat dry and sore with tears.

She stamped on the break pedal and the car jerked in to a halt. And she knew as if by a second sense that she had reached her destination.

Zena glanced at her fingers on the steering wheel. They were trembling. And it was a strange sight for her. She gripped the steering wheel so hard and pressed her face against it, breathing hard, knuckles turning white.

She was drowning.

Drowning in an endless darkness.

No one was there to help her.

When she finally pulled away, she could see the smear of blood on the steering wheel. Her fingers involuntarily reached up to touch her forehead that was slightly bleeding.

Blood.

Crimson against the black of the steering wheel.

Zena gasped, her hand moving to clutch her heart, lips parted as she struggled to breath.