Playing Hard

A/N

This chapter is dedicated to my dearest brother, Tim. He was the first one to read a book of mine with interest and compliment me, giving me all kinds of advises.

He also wanted to read this story but I declined. Because .... He's still THIRTEEN!!! He might not consider him a child but, I quote, "a teenager." Still, he will always be my dear baby brother.

😉😉😉😉

        Zena's gaze shifted between the two boys who were sitting on her either sides, facing each other, one with emerald green eyes and the other with sea blue eyes, glaring at each other.

Zena mentally sighed. It had gone well after all. Well...except the fact that Lysander had a black eye.., everything went well.

She patiently waited for the two boys to end their glaring contest but realized that they had no intention to do so. With a frustrated sigh, she stood up, slamming her fists on the table loud enough to make the two boys jump.

"This is enough." She announced. Purposely avoiding Lysander's gaze, she turned to the blue eyed boy who was seated on her right.
"Come on Blaze, let's go outside and talk." With that, she grabbed the boy by his hand and pulled him on to his feet. She walked toward the door, dragging him behind her but stopped in her tracks when Lysander called her.

"Zena, we have to talk." He said, rubbing the back of his neck,nervously. Zena's eyes involuntarily shifted toward him and a blush crept on to her cheeks. Awkwardly clearing her throat, she said,
  "I.. I.. I will be right back. Just stay here."

With that, she dashed out of the door, dragging poor Blaze behind her.

****

"You did what!!!"

Zena covered her ears with her hands, grimacing.
"Calm down B, calm down! Geez!" She hissed at the boy who stood in front of her, scowling.
"No need to act as if your head is on fire! I just confessed to him and you are acting as if I got engaged to him."

Blaze scowled. "So what? He confessed and you confessed and then what? A nice lovely kiss I guess?"

Zena blushed. "Yeah, s..something like that." She whispered. Blaze's jaw dropped.

"A what??" He shrieked again. "Please tell me you didn't."

Zena sighed and placed her hand on his arm. "B, you do know that I love him, don't you? When he explained everything, apologized and said that he loves me, I couldn't help it. I had to tell him the truth about my feelings."

Blaze sighed. "I know Snow. But can you blame me for worrying about you? He hurt you for God's sake!"

Zena smiled. "I know." She said. "That's why I'm gonna make him pay."

Blaze arched an eyebrow in a questioning manner. Zena grinned.

"I might have confessed my feelings to him." Zena said,slowly, her signature smirk that screamed trouble, playing on her lips. "But who said that i forgave him? "

Blaze frowned , trying to figure out what she was saying.

"Did I say that I would forget the pain he made me  go through? "

Blaze shook his head , still frowning .

Zena grinned, her brown eyes shining with mischief.
"I'm not gonna flung myself on him like some naive girl. Instead ,  I will make him beg."

Blaze's face lit up, finally realizing what she was up to.

"On simple words, you are gonna play hard to get, aye? " Blaze asked , raising a perfect eyebrow.