A Deal with the Devil

"What the hell are you doing here? "

Zena hissed, narrowing her eyes at the five boys who stood in front of her. True, they might be her neighbours and also friends but still, they were Rosewood students who had no right to enter Hilltop High without permission.

"Finally!" Mia exclaimed, turning around to face the five boys, her hands on her hips. "I thought I told you to be here a hour ago. I mean.. " Isla roughly elbowed her, stopping her in her rambling. "Ow.. Isla! What the.. " Mia started, scowling at the pale haired girl but her words died on her lips as she caught sight of the murderous glare Zena was shooting her. Gulping, Mia realized that her running tongue had accidentally let out her plan. "Umm.. I mean.." Mia cleared her throat, nervously glancing at Zena. "Why are you here?"

Zena focussed her gaze back on the five intruders. Ethan had a small smile on his face, his eyes on his girl friend. Max, had his usual flirtatious smirk on his face, arms crossed in front of his chest. Jake was grinning from ear to ear, a mischievous glint in his eyes. Blaze had his earphones plugged in his ears, his usual bored expression painted on his face. As if sensing her gaze, he raised his eyebrow and threw her a wink. Though her lips threatened to pull in to a smile, Zena controlled herself, reminding herself again and again that those five boys were intruders. She was more than happy and relieved when Blaze made up things between him and Lysander. She didn't want to be the reason for Blaze to loose his friends .

For a second, her gaze shifted to Lysander who was staring at her, intensely, a strange look in his eyes. As their eyes met, his lips pulled in to a lopsided grin that made Zena's heart race.

"Again, why are you here?" Zena asked, her hands firmly placed on her hips, eyebrows raised.

"Aw come on, can't we visit our favourite Hilltop girls?" Lysander asked, a smirk on his face.

Zena's glare deepened and he threw up his hands in mock surrender.

"Again, why are you here? You do know that you are not allowed to Hilltop promises unless It's a special occasion?" Zena asked, through gritted teeth, willing her patience not to snap.

"Okay, Okay! Geez!" Lysander stuffed his hands back in his pockets, sending Ethan a small nod.

"Look, Zena," Ethan started, taking a step forward. "We don't want any trouble. I just wanted to meet Isla. I hope It's okay?"

Glancing between Ethan's hopeful look and Isla's pleading eyes, Zena finally nodded with a sigh.

"Okay, have your talk. I'm just.. Out!" Zena grabbed Mia's water bottle and marched straight out of the stadium ,  shooting Blaze a small smile and childishly sticking out her tongue at Jake who made a face at her, careful to avoid Lysander's eyes.

****

   Zena emptied the whole water bottle in to her mouth and swallowed, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand. She tossed away the empty plastic bottle. Lysander's face kept flashing again and again in her mind and it was more than distracting for her.

His gorgeous emerald green eyes that she'd always find herself drowning in, his perfectly sculptured face, strong jaw, his heart melting smile and...

Zena face palmed.

"Get a grip, Zena!" She scolded herself, rubbing her cheek that was slightly throbbing from her facepalming.

"But, how can I?" Her inner self argued. "He is so perfect! Did you ever notice his gorgeous green eyes that could leave any girl mesmerized? Or his boyish smirk that would give a girl a mini heart attack? Or his.. "

"Oh, stop it!" She muttered to herself, shaking her head, willing the images of Lysander implanted in her mind to disappear.

"But come on!!" Her stupid inner self whined. "You have to admit that he is really good looking! I mean, the way he.."