Another Match

"Yo girls!" Henry said as he entered the stadium.
I looked up at him and grinned before passing the ball to Emma.
I wiped the sweat on my forehead with the back of my hand and waved at him.

"Yo dude! What took you so long?" I asked as I caught the ball Emma threw at me and balanced it on my index finger.

"Ah! Old Mr. Wilkinson decided to give me a small prep talk on learning Economic studies." Henry said, scrunching up his face in disgust. "Can you believe it? Economy?"

I chuckled and threw the ball at him who caught it in ease.
"Wanna have a game, bro?" I asked.
He gave me a smirk and nodded as he approached us, dribbling the ball along his side.

"Where's Edward?" I asked, noticing that he wasn't there.
"Did you come without him?"

"He said he had something to do. He will join us later." Henry explained.
I nodded.
"Henry, Emma and Lily you are in one team. Mia and Isla will be with me." I said as I tied my hair, that was hanging loose up to my waist, in to a messy bun.
They nodded in agreement. We split in to two teams and were about to play, when we heard a loud whistle.

I snapped my head at the direction where the sound came from. A frustrated groan escaped my lips as I saw who it was.

"Damon." I huffed. There he stood in front of me, his guy friends stood behind him.

"Yeah, it's me babe." He said with a flirtatious grin.
I couldn't help but roll my eyes.
I turned my attention back to our game and caught the balk that Henry threw at me.

"By the way, you look hot in that kit." Damon said again.
I glanced down at my outfit. I was in a pair of shorts and a tight top. I rolled my eyes again and turned to face Damon.

"Damon, will you please go, letting me and my friends have a game in peace?" I asked in a bored tone.
He smirked. "Come on, babe, I know you don't mean it."

I sighed. And then I felt my face brighten as I got an idea.
"Listen Damon." I said. "Let's have a game. We against you."
He thought for a moment and smirked.
"What do I get when we win?" He asked.
"What do you want if you win?" I asked, highlighting the word if.

"Ummmmm ... Maybe I want a date with you." He said with a cocky grin.
Did he just..?

"What the hell?" Mia shrieked behind me and took a step toward Damon, her fists clenched. She may be silly and funny but she is protective when it comes to her friends. Emma had an expression similar to hers.
I put out my hands and grabbed both of their wrists.

"And if I win, you can't show that face of yours to me for three weeks." I said, putting on a sweet smile. Damon was taken aback what he said but he seemed to be a little reassured by my smile.
Ha! Little did he knew that that smile means nothing but trouble.

"A date with me when I win, deal?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow.
Mia squeezed my right hand warningly and Emma squeezed my left hand.

"Deal." I said.

Mia and Emma snapped their heads to look at me. "What the hell, Zena!" Both of them shouted in unison.
"Are you insane? Do you wanna go on a date with that fucking bastard?" Mia hissed in my ear.
Emma nodded, glaring first at Damon and then at me.

"Geez! Girls! I have full trust on you guys. We are gonna win!" I said in confidence.
Mia and Emma sighed and nodded.
Isla linked hands with mine. "We are gonna win!" She said.
Henry ran a hand through his hair.
"Yeah, we can't let our queen go on a date with that asshole!" He said and spat the word date as if it was poison on his tongue.
I chuckled and turned to Damon.

"We are ready." I said with a slight smirk.
Damon smirked.
"Get ready for the date, babe. Wear something really hot." He hissed in my ear as he walked pass me. I immediately stepped away from him and threw him a disgusted look.
"Take a proper look at my face, Damon." I said with a smirk. "Cause you will not be able to see it for three weeks."

    The match was quite good. It grew hot but not as hot as the game with Dunbar. Probably because Dunbar was a better player than Damon. Why in the world was I thinking of him? Probably because both of them were assholes. Yeah, that is the reason. That's it!

First round was over, leaving us in the lead with four goals to three. Damon was kinda pissed.

"Henry, you will play this round instead of Lily as her leg is twisted. No, don't object Lily. I know how much a twisted leg could hurt. It could be a real bitch." I said.

"She have experience." Mia said with a cheeky grin.
I shuddered at the memory of my twisted ankle. It did hurt like a bitch. And then , my mind drifted to Dunbar. It was still a puzzle to me why he helped me that day. Maybe, out of humanity? Yet, whenever I remembered that incident, I felt weird.
I shook my head, sending the useless thoughts away, flying.
Focus, Zena!

"Ok, we have to focus!" I said.

"Ah Oh! Were it us who were distracted at the memory of that ankle?" Mia asked, wriggling an eyebrow at me.
I glared at her and she winked in response.

"Ummm.. Are we missing something?" Henry asked. "I can't help but think that I am missing something."

"Urgh! Come on guys! FOCUS!"
I cried in frustration. "Do you guys seriously want me to go on a date with that jerk?"

And that made all of them focus.
I quickly explained them my simple and brilliant plan for that round.

"Let's go, girls!" Henry shrieked.

We grinned and hurried in to the court. I was full confident. I had full trust on my friends.
Damon shot another goal which made us even. And that was enough for Emma. She played in a furious way and scored a goal I less than five minutes.
Then, I shot two more goals and a guy in Damon's team, Greg or who ever he was, scored a goal.

So we were seven to five.

It was the last eight minutes of the game and I was excited. I wanted to score another goal.
I wiped my forehead and focused on Damon who now had the ball. He was moving fast toward their goal.
Isla blocked him and he passed the ball to a player of his team, I think Simon or someone. He moved to the goal but Emma blocked him. Simon glanced around and threw the ball at the guy who was in front of me.
Ha! That was my chance. I rushed forward and caught the ball and started to dribble it to the goal. At once I was blocked by Damon and another guy.
I turned on my heals and threw the ball to Henry.
He caught it and shot it at the goal.

"Goal!" Mia shrieked. "We won!"
Isla jumped in to the air and shouted in delight.
"Yoo Hoo!" Lily cried and almost ran toward us.
We all gathered in to a group hug.
Emma grinned as we pulled away.

"So, don't you dare to show that face of yours to our Queen!" Henry said to Damon as he gave me a dust bump.
Damon looked pissed. Muttering something about next time, he and his team exited the stadium.

"How is your leg, Lily?" I asked.
"Huh? Ah, that is good." She said with a smile.

"So, Zena, you should throw us a party." Henry said as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder.
"Why?" I asked.
"We just saved you from having to go on a date with that asshole." He said at once, making all of us laugh.

We were exiting the stadium, laughing and chatting when a boy suddenly came running.
He had red hair and had a panicked look on his face. He seemed to be a junior.

"Queen!" He panted. "We have a problem!"