|ღ| Cuddly Cold |ღ|

╔═══*.·:·.✧    ✦    ✧.·:·.*═══╗

Request:

"Can you make a sick Norman being clingy and cuddly around (Y/n)? Thanks!"

Type: Fluff

Warnings: None

Au's: None

Spoilers: None

A/N: A clingy and cuddly Norman is the best Norman uwu <3

╚═══*.·:·.✧    ✦    ✧.·:·.*═══╝

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

♡At this point it's well known to everyone in the Gracefield orphanage that Norman has a rather weak immune system - which is why nobody was shocked when in the winter time he ended up getting sick.

♡Even at age eleven (Y/n) still knew Norman hated being sick. No matter how well he masked it, herself, Emma, and Ray knew better than anyone that he didn't like being all alone in the infirmary with nothing to do.

♡While Emma and Ray were trying to break in and see him - it only resulted in them being dragged out by Mama multiple times, just like when they were younger - (Y/n) was secretly putting some stuff together in the kitchen.

♡When Mama was off guard since Emma and Ray had stopped their attempts, she managed to sneak into the infirmary. There she was greeted with the sight of Norman huddled under the covers with a rag resting on his forehead.

♡He looked so tired and paler than usual, but the minute he saw who entered the room he lit up like a Christmas tree. There was already a pink flush on his cheeks from being sick, though it turned a tad darker from seeing the (H/c) haired female.

♡"(Y/n), what're you doing in here? Mama will scold you... What did you bring?"

♡Despite him sounding nervous, after seeing his reaction she knew he didn't want her to leave. So, she propped a chair up against the door to keep it shut - would she get in even more trouble from Mama for doing so? Probably, but she hardly cared.

♡"I made you some hot coco and cookies! I don't know if you have an appetite, but I thought it may cheer you up." In her hands was a silver tray with two steaming cups and a plate of chocolate chip cookies, which she set down carefully on the bedside table.

♡Needless to say the thought warmed his heart and brought a soft smile to his lips. "Thank you, that was sweet of you to do. I'm assuming you made them while Mama was busy with Emma and Ray?" He inquired, laughing when she enthusiastically nodded her head.

♡When she sat down on the edge of the bed the boy was like a magnet towards her - he sat up and shifted himself, only so he could wrap his arms around her waist and bury his face into her stomach. The rag ended up falling off his forehead in the process, though he didn't mind it.

♡(Y/n) let him of course - she had came in here on her own will, so the thought of getting sick barely crossed her mind. She began to run her fingers through those soft, snowy locks of his while he snuggled into her.

♡After some time she tried to insist he try the food and drink she brought him. However, when she tried to move to grab it for him, Norman only tightened his grip and his protests came out muffled against her.

♡He only had a common cold so she knew he could more than likely eat, but he seemed more focus on keeping her close and nuzzling her. With that in mind she proposed they could cuddle after he drank his hot coco and ate a cookie - it finally made him let go of her, admittedly a bit reluctantly.

♡Norman was still pretty clingy even then, so she ended up seated between his legs with her back to his chest while they snacked. She didn't mind in the slightest though - no, she rather enjoyed being so close to the albino and she found his behavior adorable. Not that she could blame him, she'd be begging for attention as well if she were all alone in here.

♡She managed to get him to have a cookie and drink at least half of his hot chocolate. After that his arms went around her waist and he buried his face in the crook of her neck - she just continued to sip on her own drink while leaning back into him.

♡(Y/n) would more than likely break the comfortable silence between them by teasing him about his clingy behavior towards herself. "You never do this to Emma or Ray when they try to see you. You must really enjoy my company."

♡All she got was a flustered mumble as a response against her neck. "You're just special to me."

♡When her drink was finished and set aside she turned around in his arms. She practically beamed up at him as she rested her chin against his chest while her arms went around his torso - an action that made his cheeks turn a darker red and his heart pound.

♡After that she insisted he try to get some rest, seeing as he still looked exhausted. Norman would mumble random things softly at first while drifting off to sleep, like, "Your hair is soft.", "You're warm.", "Can we do this more often? Even if I'm not sick..", "You won't leave if I fall asleep, will you? I don't want you to leave..."

♡Of course she remained in his arms even as he fell asleep, only moving to pull the covers over their bodies further. Eventually she fell asleep as well, a smile on her lips while her head rested against his chest and let the beat of his heart lull her to sleep.

♡While everyone else was outside playing in the snow, the two elder children remained bundled up in the covers and each others warm embrace. (Y/n) would probably end up with a cold now, but then that meant she could do this again with Norman - only the roles would be swapped.

♡Yeah, she didn't mind one bit.

♡Both children would soon be startled awake though by Mama at the door telling (Y/n) to open it - Ray had ratted her out. She refused to move though so Isabella ended up having to kick the door open so the chair would fall.

♡Norman held onto (Y/n) for dear life while Mama tried to pick her up and drag her away. The two were whining like five year olds and protesting that they didn't want to leave the other - it was basically like a tug of war with (Y/n) in the middle.

♡"(Y/n), you're going to get sick as well! And Norman, you of all people should know better."

♡"I'm probably already sick, anyway!! Let me stay with himmm!"

♡"I just wanted some company, is all. It's lonely in here..."

♡Mama Isabella paused at Norman's calm, yet somewhat sad, voice. After looking between the two children with an emotion neither could identify, she let out a long sigh and finally agreed - only because she knew (Y/n) was probably going to be sick already either way.

♡Once she let go (Y/n) happily crawled back between his legs and curled up against him. In turn he tugged the covers back over them and wrapped her up in his arms, a contented smile on his lips while he buried his face into her hair.

♡Both seemed to relax back into each other again, completely missing the knowing and fond look from their mother as she exited the room.