|ღ| Unrequited Love |ღ|

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

Request:

"How about a scenario where Norman gets Hanahaki Disease because he's in love with (Y/n), but she loves Ray and when she confesses he returns the feeling, so he has to watch them love each other."

Type: Angst

Warnings: Gore

Au's: None

Spoilers: None

A/N: AAAAAAAAAAA
This one hurts my heART
(づ。;´༎ຶД༎ຶ')づ

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

♡Norman thought he had a liking towards Emma at first, but it didn't take long for him to realize the way he acted around (Y/n) was much different. He treated Emma in a sisterly way, whereas whenever he was around the (blonde, brunette, etc.) he tended to lose his composure and end up flustered.

♡However, with a realization of this emotion can the realization with how she acted around Ray. With him she seemed much more close, comfortable, and overall happier. It hurt his heart to see such a scene, yet he didn't jump to any conclusions right away.

♡For a while he was trying to gain the courage to tell her of his feelings - it was difficult though since she was always around Ray. Those two seemed to stick together like glue, which both frustrated him a little and made the ache in his heart worsen.

♡It wasn't until he had overheard the two confess that he was met with the misfortune that he was correct in the very beginning - (Y/n) liked Ray and not himself. What was even worse was hearing the ravenette return the feeling, which to him seemed unbelievable, given he was rather cold compared to everyone else there.

♡When Norman overheard their confession that pain in his chest worsened - he couldn't distinguish why until there was also a stinging feeling clawing up his throat. Immediately he ran off - he made sure his footfalls were silent to not alert them - to the bathroom to see what was happening.

♡There was nothing sharp poking at his throat, but that didn't make the burning any less painful as he hacked and coughed up some flowers - at first they were just petals, then some torn leaves, and lastly a full flower stem and all.

♡A crimson substance tainted the beautiful daffodils that floated in the water below. After a moment of heavy panting and coughing - which made a few more, smaller petals escape - he finally managed to calm back down. There was an ache in his chest, but at least the fire had died out for now.

♡Norman could only smile sadly as he flushed the flowers down and cleaned up any blood that splattered around. Much like Ray he read and knew about almost everything, so it was no surprise that he easily identified what disease he had.

♡The next day, he pretended like nothing was wrong - as if he hadn't just discovered he had a deadly disease that would kill him sooner than later. He didn't want to burden or worry any of them with his own issue, so he kept it to himself.

♡He's very good at masking his emotions and putting up a fake front of being fine. Even though it made him sick to his stomach to see (Y/n) and Ray together - and also made his lungs burn from the flowers growing in there - he managed to keep a smile on his lips and his usual cheery, yet serene attitude.

♡The albino would do his best to get through the day while hiding his pain and trying to keep the flowers down. Though, if he couldn't he merely excused himself to the bathroom to take care of the matter.

♡It was never a pretty sight - vibrant, yellow petals and lush green leaves with stems covered both the toilet seat and water inside, each tainted with his blood that splattered droplets around his mouth and all over when he coughed. Each time he did so it only seemed to get more violent and more blood spilled from his mouth.

♡Whenever he went to the bathroom he would be in there for around thirty minutes to an hour. Getting all the flowers up took a lot of energy out of him - not to mention the blood loss made him feel dizzy afterwards. So, it took some time for him to regain his composure after each episode he had.

♡Of course the others would be suspicious as to why he's in there so long and why he looks paler afterwards, but he always brushed them off and reassured he was fine. Though, he never provided an explanation so needless to say the elder children were suspicious.

♡(Y/n) tried to confront him one day and asked what truly was going on. The concern and warmth her tone held and the way she offered him a hug - she thought he wasn't feeling well - both made his heart flutter and tore him up on the inside at the same time. Why couldn't she be his?

♡"Norman? You've been acting really off lately, is everything alright? You know you can tell me anything, we're best friends, after all."

♡Those two specific words alone made his body lurch and lungs sting, in which he swiftly clamped a hand over his mouth. Unfortunately, this time it was too unbearable that he couldn't fight back the daffodil flowers that were making their way up.

♡(Y/n) could only panic and rush him to the bathroom when he coughed up bits of blood at first. It was a horrifying sight to witness when he wouldn't stop throwing up the plants that were definitely not supposed to be in his body - all she could do was soothingly rub his back while everything came up.

♡It was more than heartbreaking, especially when afterwards the normally relaxed and happy boy was sobbing and shaking terribly - tears mixed with the blood on his face and caused it to make red streaks. Norman never wanted anyone to find out - the fact that is was (Y/n) too that had destroyed and panicked him.

♡This poor boy thought it was his own fault this was all happening - even though one couldn't control what feelings they developed for someone else. All he did was apologize profusely between his cries when she comfortingly brought him into her arms.

♡Her pristine white clothes was getting smeared with blood, yet that was the least of her worries. She merely ran her fingers through his white locks soothingly - the way he gripped so tightly at her as if she would leave if he didn't broke her heart.

♡"Who is it? Is it Emma?"

♡(Y/n)'s cluelessness to the matter only made it sting worse - though, he couldn't blame her for not knowing. Norman hid it well and he also did mention liking Emma at one point before his feelings changed.

♡He debated whether he should lie and agree with that statement for the sake of keeping it secret. If he did that though, then she might try to confront Emma with this and that'd be giving her false information. So, finally he managed a weak smile up at her from where his face had been buried against her chest.

"No, it's you."