|ღ| Mother's Day |ღ|

╔═══*.·:·.✧    ✦    ✧.·:·.*═══╗

Prompt:

"The children of Gracefield celebrating Mother's Day with their Mama Isabella."

Type: Fluff

Warnings: None

Au's: None

Spoilers: None

A/N: Have some rushed headcanons since it's mother's day. 💗💗💗

Art Credit: ふう (@promise_fu) on Twitter

╚═══*.·:·.✧    ✦    ✧.·:·.*═══╝

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

♡It's easy to say Mama Isabella does a lot to keep her children happy. Even though they help out with chores, she of course does a majority of the work and has to look after a total of thirty-nine kids. So, it's only natural on Mother's Day the eldest of the children want to help out around the house and give her a day to relax.

♡They had to get up extra, extra early in the morning in order to ensure they were up before Isabella. They wanted to make breakfast by themselves for everyone, including a special dish specifically for their Mama.

♡Ray had to keep Emma at bay since she was making a rather big mess while they were making breakfast. They were all making french toast for the children, along with an omelette to go along with Isabella's.

♡(Y/n) could only laugh at Emma's whining as Ray smacked her on the head with the spatula for breaking some eggs on the counter. Meanwhile the (blonde, brunette, etc.) was cooking some of the covered bread while Norman helped.

♡"Why do I have to deal with her?" Ray groaned miserably, holding his hand out to keep Emma away from his own station, as he was in charge of making the omelet.

♡"Because I don't want to, and Norman..." (Y/n) trailed off, her (E/c) eyes flickering towards the albino who had his arms securely around her waist and head on her shoulder. "He just likes being around me more." Amusement shone in her eyes as she gave a small pat to his snowy hair, earning a tired smile from the boy.

♡Eventually they managed to get breakfast done and also clean up the mess Emma has created in the kitchen. They had to hurry up and set the tables since Isabella would be getting up soon along with all the other children.

♡The raven haired woman was the first to walk into the dining hall and was immediately met with the joyful faces of her four eldest children - except for Ray, he looked as bored as usual even if there was a hint of happiness. "Happy Mother's Day, Mama!"

♡Emma and (Y/n) were the first to race forward, jumping on their caretaker in a hug with vibrant smiles on their faces. The two latched onto her while the apricot began to excitedly go on about how they made breakfast. Norman and Ray soon walked over and joined the embrace in a much calmer manner than the two girls had.

♡"Aw, how lovely. It all looks delightful, thank you." A sweet smile curled on her lips as Mama held them all close, giving each of their heads an affection ruffle as she mussed up their hair. "How about you four go wake up the others and we can all enjoy this wonderful meal you made."

♡Emma hastily agreed and went running off, leaving the two to follow after. (Y/n) grabbed Norman's hand, rushing after her with him in tow as he intertwined their fingers together. Ray was the last to follow, his hands tucked in his pockets while he went at a much slower pace than the three.

♡Breakfast was wonderful, filled with Emma constantly asking Isabella if she liked it - Ray smacked her on the head and told her she didn't need to ask that after every bite she had. (Y/n) and Norman only laughed at the two's behavior while they ate, and occasionally she insisted on feeding him.

♡The day wasn't too eventful since they were working out around the house doing the chores Mama would usually complete. They let her spend time with the smaller ones while they worked around the house all day - it was hard work, but worth it to give their Mama a day to relax.

♡Even then, they made it fun since the four of them together was bound for them to goof around while doing the chores. At one point they bundled Emma up in a bunch of covers like a burrito - Norman had to stop Ray when he tried to roll her down the stairs.

♡They also made lunch and dinner together. Mama Isabella tried to help them, but (Y/n) and Norman had the other two distract her and prevent her from going into the kitchen - it was basically just the two jumping on her and trying to block the doorway.

♡"You're doing great, Emma, Ray." (Y/n) commented with a giggle, seeing her latching onto the woman out of the corner of her eye. Ray was leant against the doorway with his legs across the opening. "Keep her at bay." Norman joined in the laughter, giving a quick peck to her cheek before going back to helping her with the food preparations.

♡Needless to say the four of them did not let their Mama do anything that day and took on all the tasks themselves. They were capable of doing such, and whenever there was a problem Norman and Ray were always able to solve it.

♡At the end of the day Isabella was in the kitchen doorway, an amused smile on her face as she rose at eyebrow at the eldest children. Currently the kitchen was a powdery mess, the four kids covered in a similar white dust as some eggs were smushed on Emma's and Ray's heads. (Y/n) and Norman had some frosting smeared on their faces, which Norman began to tenderly wipe off her face with a damp rag.

♡"What happened here?" The violet eyed woman asked, mirth evident in her tone as she stepped inside to start cleaning up alongside them.

♡"We tried to make a cake, then Emma and Ray started bickering and one thing lead to another." Norman answered calmly, his cerulean gaze gentle as he finished up cleaning (Y/n)'s face of frosting and flour. Afterwards he gave a kiss to her nose, making them both laugh when it left a little imprint since he still had flour on him.

♡"Well, how about we clean this up and I'll help you through the steps, my dear children." Mama Isabella insisted with a loving smile. From there they all began to clean up the kitchen, which took a while as the flour was almost everywhere.

♡With her help they all managed to get through the process of making the cake. The kitchen was filled with laughter and chatter while they all worked together - Emma still made a bit of a mess, but it was nothing like the one before.

♡The five now stared at the cake, which wasn't decorated to the best of their abilities, but it still looked delicious nonetheless. The candles lit up the dim dining hall, all five of them standing in front of the cake - Norman held onto (Y/n)'s hand as she was nuzzled into his side, Isabella stood next to them with Emma hugging her waist from the side, and Ray stood next to the firey haired girl with his hands in his pockets.

♡"Thank you for today, you four. I love you all so much." With that said she gave them each a warm glance, before blowing out the little candles on the cake with sloppy writing of 'Happy Mother's Day!' on top.