|ღ| Medication |ღ|

╔═══*.·:·.✧    ✦    ✧.·:·.*═══╗

Request:

"Can you do one where the reader is on meds and she has to take them everyday so she doesn't die and one day she nearly forgot and Norman has to remind her? <3"

Type: Fluff

Warnings: None

Au's: None

Spoilers: None

A/N: Updates from now on will be on Wednesdays and Sundays since I'll only be focusing on the oneshot list I have currently, instead of any new scenario/headcanon requests.

╚═══*.·:·.✧    ✦    ✧.·:·.*═══╝

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

♡(Y/n) was born with a certain, rare disease - one that required a daily medication in order to keep her heart pumping. As an infant up to the age seven her caretaker, Isabella, was always the one to give her the medication on the daily.

♡Once she reached eight she insisted she could take them on her own by now. Of course Isabella still monitored her just to make sure she didn't accidentally forget. There were some occasions where she had to remind the child, but overall she remembered every day.

♡By the age eleven she had gotten into the habit of taking her medication every morning before breakfast. Mama Isabella no longer checked in on her about it, seeing as she never forgot and was used to it by now - she trusted her to take it everyday by herself.

♡Even though she never forgot, there was bound to be that one moment where it wouldn't cross her mind. One day she had slept in, so when Emma woke her up telling her Ray was threatening to eat her breakfast, it completely slipped her mind since she hightailed it out of there to save her food.

♡The rest of the day went on as usual with their testing, chores, and free time outside. Everything was going perfectly fine, except halfway through the day Norman took notice of something.

♡Concern glinted in those sky blue eyes of his when he approached the (H/c) haired female, who was currently slumped against the tree next to Ray. "Are you alright, (Y/n)? You look exhausted." He pointed out with an evident frown on his lips, drawing the attention of Ray over to the girl beside him.

♡It was true, she did look more worn out than usual. Her posture was weak and slumped over and she was barely able to even keep her eyes open, for they kept fluttering from her trying to keep them ajar - not to mention after their game of tag she was more out of breath than what would've been normal.

♡Despite that she brushed it off. "I'm fine. Perhaps that extra hour of sleep threw me off and made me more tired." She offered as a solution to her exhaustion with a reassuring smile. Norman wasn't convinced, but he didn't get to press since Mama called him inside.

♡Isabella needed some assistance with collecting the sheets from the rooms, so he complied and went to collect them. While doing so the albino paused, his eyes landing on a certain pill container next to one of the beds. When he checked it his heart dropped - the spot for today still had the pill left inside it.

♡He stopped what he was doing, instead grabbing the pill and rushing out of the room. He brushed off Mama's inquires, instead hurrying off to the kitchen to grab a glass of water before running outside. It all made sense now why (Y/n) had been so tired.

♡The usually calm boy was frantic as he approached the two by the tree. "(Y/n)! You forgot to take your medication!" He said in an anxious tone, soon coming to a halt in front of the barley awake female and somewhat startled Ray - though it didn't take long for him to go back to reading, seeing as Norman had this under control.

♡At what he said her head perked up a bit in surprise, before a sheepish smile formed. "Ah, that makes a lot more sense..." She mumbled while he sat beside her. Once sitting he propped her up against his side to keep her up better, before handing her the pill. While she took it he lifted to glass of water to her lips to help her swallow it down - he didn't give her the glass since he thought she might spill or drop it.

♡After she took it he immediately felt relieved; yet, he still kept her beside him for a while until he was sure she was okay. It definitely gave him a fright when he noticed she had forgotten, perhaps because she never does.

♡When she began to regain color in her face and was finally able to keep her eyes open Norman relaxed. A sigh escaped his lips as he rested his head on top of her own.

♡"I'm double checking from now on that you take your pill in the morning."

♡"Oh, come on! This was the first time in years, I can handle myself!"

♡"I know you can. I just want to make sure, is all. I don't know what I'd do if I lost you."