thirty-three

You know how when you were a little kid and you believed in fairy tails. That fantasy of what your life would be like. White dress, Prince Charming that would carry you away to the castle on a hill. You lay in bed at night. You close your eyes and you have complete and utter faith. Santa Clause, Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming...

They were so close you could taste them but you eventually grow up one day, you open your eyes and the fairy tales disappears. Most people turn to the things and people they can trust. But the thing is, it's hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely because most people have faith that one day, they will open their eyes and it will all come true. 

I never felt that helpless and weak ever since I became a werewolf. I never felt more powerless than last night. There was something stronger, faster and much more dangerous than my kind. The monster had a name, the kanima. 

I couldn't keep my eyes closed. All I could think about was the kanima. Where did it come from and what is it doing? Hell, I didn't even know if I wanted to know what it was capable of. 

Stiles, on the other hand was fast asleep next to me. I turned around and faced him, staring at his closed eyes. His slightly opened mouth turned into a bright smile. "Stop."

"What do you mean?" I asked him. 

"Whatever you're thinking about" he answered and opened his beautiful eyes. 

I turned on my back while Stiles put his sleepy head on his angled arm. "I'm just-"

"I know. We all worry about the kanima. It's not just you. But you can't conquer it without knowing what exactly this kind is there for, Am. We're all helpless, it's not just you, okay?"

I nodded and faced him again. 

"Say it."

"I understand but-"

„No buts!" Stiles interrupted me. "And now go to sleep. School starts in a few hours."

I nodded again and wrapped my arms around Stiles' body. Stiles kissed my head before I closed my eyes.

The next morning, Stiles was gone. I woke up alone in his bed with his laptop next to me, which was still on. I sighed and grabbed it, looking through the history. You never know what Stiles is capable of. And well, seemed like he was worried about the kanima as well this morning. The history was full of kanima here and kanima there. 

I closed the laptop and placed my feet on the ground. It was quiet in the Stilinski household. Stiles was probably off to school, telling Scott what he found out and his father was at the police office, obviously. 

I grabbed my jeans and one of Stiles' red and black flannel shirts, buttoned it up to my neck and stuffed the shirt in my jeans. I snatched my black leather jacket, threw it on and made my way downstairs, outside the house.

"Seems like you forgot me, idiot xx" I texted Stiles as I realized that I had no car or bike with me to get to school. Once again, I sighed because of my idiotic boyfriend and made my way to school on foot. 

As I arrived at school, I walked past Stiles and Scott who seemed to have a deep conservation but I grabbed Stiles arms and stopped him. 

"Got my text?" I asked him. 

"Which text?" he asked back and grabbed his phone out of his pocket. "Oh" he mumbled as he read it. "I'm sorry. I had to talk to Scott about-"

"The kanima. It's okay" I interrupted him and kissed his cheek before he left with Scott to get to our econ class. I stopped at my locker first to get the books out when I heard Isaac and Erica talking in the background.