twenty-eight

"If Isaac didn't kill his father, who did?" I asked as we walked through Isaac's kitchen. It was already dark outside, meaning that we had to use our flashlights. 

"I don't know, yet" Derek replied.

„Then how do you know he's telling the truth?" Scott questioned. "Because I trust my senses. And it's a combination of them. Not just your sense of smell" Derek said, hinting the incident at the lacrosse field. 

"You saw the lacrosse thing today" Scott mumbled and stopped walking. 

"Yeah."

"Did it look bad?" Scott asked and Derek and I both said in common, "Yeah." It did.

Derek grabbed Scott's neck and shoved him to the door that probably leaded downstairs to the basement. He opened it and said, "You wanna learn? Let's start now."

I nodded and walked down the wood stairs. "What's down there?" I asked. "Motive" Derek answered, which did not really answer my question. "What are we looking for?"

"Follow your senses" Derek told us as we got down. I grabbed my flash light from my back pocket and turned it on, revealing lots of tools and other stuff that people store in their basement. 

"What happened down here?" Scott asked next to me. "The kind of thing that leaves an impression" Derek answered, still standing in the door frame. 

I got to the other side of the basement and looked around. Just a normal basement. Well, that's what I thought. As the light bulb of my flashlight turned off, I hit it with my fist but it didn't light back up. I groaned and put it away. I was about to surrender but then I discovered a scratch on the ground. I knelt down and stroke the scratch with my nails, realizing that those must've been from Isaac. The second, I touched them, I felt eerie. Something happened down here. Something bad happened to Isaac. I felt his fear, anger and abandonment. I saw Isaac, laying on the ground, crying in my vision. I looked up and saw the freezer with a massive lock. I stood up and walked over to it. I touched the lock with my right hand and the top of the freezer with my left hand. Scott must've seen me at the freezer and got next to me with Derek. 

"Open it!" Derek demanded. I took a breath and opened the freezer. Both, Scott and I were shocked as we saw what was inside. Scratches... blood. I saw Isaac once again, laying in that freezer while his father locked him in it. I felt powerless, scared and angry at the same time.

"This is why he said yes to you" I realized. "Everyone wants power" Derek replied. 

"If we help you, then you have to stop. You can't just go around turning people into werewolves!" Scott told him but Derek denied, 

"I can, if they're willing." Derek stated.

"Did you tell Isaac about the Argents? About being hunted?" I yelled, being angry with Derek. No one deserves a life like ours. Being a werewolf isn't easy. Being a werewolf isn't about having power. It's more. 

"Yes and he still asked" Derek said. 

"Then he's an idiot" Scott mumbled. 

"And you're the idiot, dating Argent's daughter. Yeah, I know your little secret. And if I know, how long do you think it's gonna take for them to find out? You saw what happens to an omega. With me you learn how to use all of your senses. With me you learn control. Even on a full moon" Derek explained. 

"I already got this, thanks" I hissed. 

"If I'm with you, I lose her" Scott muttered. 

"You're gonna lose her anyway. You know that" Derek spat and walked away.