thirty-nine

A few days later, Stiles and I found ourselves at Noah's office. He asked us if we could bring him something to eat. So Stiles and I drove to the nearest diner and got something to go.

Sheriff smiled happily right before he bit into his burger and no second later he pulled his eyebrows together, showing us how digesting the burger was that Stiles got for him.

"Oh what the hell is this?" he groaned.

"Veggie burger" Stiles said, still searching for his curly fries.

"Stiles, I asked for a hamburger" his dad whined.

"Well, veggie is healthier. We're being healthy" Stiles embarked as he held up a salad.

"Oh hell, why are you trying to ruin my life?" Sheriff asked as he put the veggie burger down.

"I'm trying to extend your life, okay? Could you just eat it, please? And tell me what you found" Stiles said, looking at the board behind his father.

"No! I'm not sharing confidential police work with teenagers!" his dad remarked.

Stiles groaned in protest and tried to argue with his father. I didn't listen to them since my phone started to vibrate in my pocket. Scott sent me a message, asking where I was since he wanted to meet up at the clinic.

I widened my eyes, knowing exactly that I forgot. "Oh shit" I muttered, grabbing the rest of my burger and gave it Noah. "Here, eat this instead. I have to leave."

"What why?!" Stiles asked.

"Private investigation" I laughed as I ran off.

Stiles shouted my name but I ignored it and made my way to the animal clinic.

"What's he doing here?" I asked as Derek entered the clinic with Isaac by his side.

Scott had a plan. While I was with Stiles, Scott followed Jackson to an empty building which is now known for underground parties. While watching Jackson, Scott found Matt too who was standing in line, trying to get some tickets for the upcoming underground rave tomorrow just like Jackson. So Scott's plan was ... well to catch Jackson at the rave.

"I need him" Derek answered my question.

"I don't trust him" I groaned and leaned against the wall, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yeah well, he doesn't trust Scott so I don't care" Isaac snapped at me.

"You know what? I really don't care" Derek sighed. "Now where's the vet? Is he going to help us or not?"

"That depends" Deaton said as he entered the room. "Your friend Jackson, are we planning to kill him or same him?"

"Kill him!" Derek said while Scott said at the same time "Save him!"

"Save him!" I yelled at Derek but he didn't show any signs of changing his mind.

"Save him" Scott repeated, nodding to Deaton.

We followed Deaton to the examination room where he dropped a tray with jars on the table. Each jar had a different symbol on its lid, referring to the different ingredients each jar offered.

Isaac was the first to reach for one of the jars but Derek snatched his hand before he could touch one of them. "Watch what you touch!"

Isaac rolled his eyes and lowered his body, putting his elbows on the table. "So what are you? Some kind of witch?"