seventeen

Here I was, sitting in Derek's car while Scott was driving. Derek had that ridiculous plan to track down the alpha so Scott could kill it and undo the curse. I, however sat in the backseat, as usually and told Scott to drive faster. While Derek was tracking down the alpha we had to drive his car around Beacon Hills. Kate followed us, thinking that Derek is the one driving his car. 

"Faster?" Scott asked me. I turned around and saw Kate a few feet away. "Much faster!" I answered and Scott paced away. 

"Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here" Stiles groaned who was sitting on the passenger seat. 

"If I go faster, I'll kill us" Scott pointed out. 

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us" I reminded him. Scott pressed the accelerator, driving as fast as he could.

"They're gone" I sighed and sat back down, relaxing myself. Stiles grabbed his fathers walkie-talkie or whatever it was and turned it on, "All units, suspect is on foot heading into the Iron Works."

"The Iron Works?" I asked. Scott shrugged his shoulders and turned the car around, driving to the Iron Works to get Derek. 

"Do you think that he got the alpha?" I asked as no one seemed to be talking. "I don't know" Scott answered. "Great... No one's in the mood to talk" I groaned. "Okay. Listen, Amber. This is no game! I don't know about you but I don't want to be a werewolf. I'm not as good as you being a werewolf, okay?! I don't care what happened to your parents or whatever happened in your childhood. Just stop making me crazy!" he shouted at me. 

"Hunters killed my parents" I said cold, ignoring his statement. 

It was quiet for a few seconds. Stiles turned around and gave me a heart-warming smile, knowing that it wasn't easy for me, too. 

"I'm sorry, Amber. I didn't know" Scott excused himself. 

I stayed quiet, while Scott drove into the Iron Works. Stiles opened the door and jumped into the backseat next to me, "Get in!" 

Derek ran over to us, getting shot at. "What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott asked, after we made it out safe. 

"Damn it! I had him!" Derek fumed.

"Who? The alpha?" Stiles asked, getting his head in between the front seats. 

"Yes! He was right in front of me and the freaking police showed up" he scolded 

"Woah, hey. They're just doing their jobs" Stiles said. 

"Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state" Derek countered. "Just for your protocol... I'm innocent!" I added. 

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumb mistake. I get it" Scott asked. 

"All right. How did you find him?" Stiles questioned Derek. Derek shook his head and faced the window. "Can you trust us for at least half a second?" I objected. "Yeah! All of us" Stiles added but Derek gave him the evil look. "Or just those two. I'll be back here."

"Look. The last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris" Derek explained. 

"Our chemistry teacher?" I asked. 

"Why him?" Scott asked as well. 

"I don't know yet."

"What's the second?" 

"Some kind of symbol" Derek answered and took out a piece of paper, showing us a sketch.