nine

"Starting to get it?" Derek asked. 

Scott called me and told me to come to the video store, where he and Derek waited for me. 

Apparently, the alpha attacked the owner and Jackson. The video store owner got killed while Jackson survived. The police and some ambulance trucks were already there. Jackson and Lydia got checked up and Jackson argued with Sheriff Stilinski, telling him that he was fine. Clearly, he wanted to get out of here as soon as possible.

Stiles was sitting in his dad's patrol car, watching the crime scene. 

"Uh, I get that he's killing people, but I don't get why. I mean this isn't standard practice, right? We don't go out in the middle of the night murdering everyone, do we?" Scott asked. 

"No. We're predators. We don't have to be killers" Derek explained but I already knew. 

"Then why is he a killer?" Scott asked again. 

"That's what we're gonna find out" Derek answered and walked off, jumping down the roof and getting into his car. Scott followed and sat on the passenger seat, which made me to sit on the backseat.

"So are you helping me or not?" Derek asked, after we spent the whole car ride to his house in silence.

"I do. He ruined my life. I wanna know who he is and then kill him" I answered 

"Good. What about you Scott?" he asked and opened his door. 

"You know, I have a life, too" Scott replied. 

"No, you don't" Derek spat. 

"Yes, I do! I don't care what you say about him making me his pet or-"

"Part of his pack" Derek corrected. 

"Whatever. I have homework to do. I have to go to a parent/teacher conference tomorrow because I'm failing chemistry" Scott said. "You wanna do homework or do you wanna not die? You have less than a week until the full moon. You don't kill with him, he kills you" Derek hinted. 

"Okay, seriously. Who made up these rules?" Scott asked. 

"It's a rite of passage into his pack" Derek explained. 

"You know what else is a rite of passage? Graduating from high school. And you don't have to kill anyone to do it. Why can't you just find him yourself? Why can't you just sniff him out when he's a human?" Scott groaned. "Because his human scent could be entirely different. It has to be you two. You have a connection with him, a link that you can't understand-"

"I do!" I interrupted, making sure that they won't forget about me. 

"Yes, I know but Scott doesn't. If I can teach you to control your abilities, you can find him" Derek said. 

"Why can't you do it alone with Amber? As you can see she's obviously on your side, which I don't understand by the way!" Scott said, facing me. 

"You are stronger in numbers! Don't you get it! Derek shouted. 

"How am I supposed to help if I have no idea what I'm doing?!" Scott hissed. "Because I'm gonna teach you. Do you remember what happened that first night you were shot in the arm? And you in your stomach?" Derek asked Scott and me. I nodded, "Yeah, we changed back."

"And when Scott got hit by Argents car, same thing, right? What's the common denominator?" Derek asked stepping in front of us. Scott shook his head, not knowing the answer. 

Derek grabbed our hands, pushing it against its original bending. "AH!" I screamed, feeling the bones breaking.

"What the hell are you doing?" Scott shouted.