thirty-eight

"I'm not supposed to tell anyone" Lydia answered after Stiles and I finally found her and just as I had guessed it, she wouldn't tell us what happened to Jackson's parents.

"Come on!" Stiles groaned, trying to keep up on our speed due to Lydia's small but fast steps she took. "Anyone who ever says I'm not supposed to tell anyone is always dying to tell someone, so tell us!"

"Why do you even wanna know?" she snapped at Stiles who was caught off guard. "I can't tell you that" he simply said which caused me to give myself a rather painless slap on my forehead.

"Then I'm not telling you" Lydia remarked as she stopped for a second.

"But you are telling me that you could tell me something if you wanted to tell me?" Stiles asked her.

Lydia turned around facing us with her eyebrows pulled together, only to turn back around and continue marching. "Was that a question?"

"It felt like one!" Stiles exclaimed.

"Well... Tell me if this feels like an answer... No" Lydia simply said and ran off, leaving Stiles and me behind.

Stiles groaned in annoyance as I rolled my eyes at the strawberry blonde.

"Come on, we have to follow her!" Stiles persisted and grabbed my hand, dragging me along as he shouted for Lydia.

"Lydia! Lydia, come on! Ly-"

"Ow! Ah, ah!" Stiles shrieked as someone pushed us out of the way, straight into the nearest wall.

"Hey, Erica" I sighed, seeing as she pressed her claws against Stiles' chest carefully.

"Why are you asking Lydia about Jackson's real parents?" she asked us, looking first at me and then Stiles as he snapped at her "Why are you bringing out the claws on camera?" and pointed to the camera at the corner of the ceiling.

Immediately, she dropped her hands, putting them into the pockets of her leather jacket. Stiles fixed his flannel shirt and grabbed my wrist, heading for the stairs to get away from Erica.

"If you're wondering about Jackson's real parents..." Erica said and leaned against the wall we were pressed against a few seconds ago. I turned back around facing the other werewolf and signalized her to continue. "They're about half a mile from here. In Beacon Hills cemetery."

I stared at Stiles as she finished her sentence. Stiles did the same, trying to find an answer in my face that we were both looking for.

"They died" I mumbled.

Erica grinned and walked away and this time it was me who dragged Stiles along with me as I followed Erica.

"Do you know how they died?" I asked as as we reached her side.

"Maybe if you tell me why you're so interested" she persuaded.

"Alright listen you stupid little-" I roared but Stiles shushed me as Erica stopped, probably realizing why we were asking Lydia that stuff. "It's him isn't it?"

Stiles tried to tell her otherwise but she knew that he lied. "The test didn't work, but it's still him. It's Jackson."

As Erica and Stiles walked off, discussing about Jackson and Derek, I stood still, focusing on the noises that lingered in the air. Heartbeats were increasing and the voices were getting louder. I stared at my hands as the bones on the upper side of them started to move. My fingers were shaking as the bone were cracking, positioning themselves in different places.