forty-three

"So this kid's the real killer?" Noah asked us as we all met in Stiles' room.

After Matt and the kanima vanished, I searched for Scot and Stiles and told them what happened. Stiles thought that the best idea would be to tell his father, without mentioning the kanima or werewolves or anything that had to do with the supernatural.

So here we were, placed around Stiles' desk at nearly 2am with last years yearbook. Stiles showed him a picture of Matt and told him that he's the one who killed them all.

"Yeah" Stiles exclaimed while his father shook his head no. "No."

"Yes!" Stiles argued but Noah wouldn't believe him. "No."

"Dad, come one. Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So all he had to do is like look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common!" Stiles explained.

"Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promotor Kara wasn't in Harris' class" Sheriff reminded us.

"All right, okay, you're right, sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?" Stiles asked his father who was totally confused by now. "No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges but that doesn't prove anything."

Stiles was about to argue with his father but Noah shut him off, turning around to face Scott and me. "Do you guys believe this?"

"It's really hard to explain how we know this but you have to trust us. We know it's Matt" I answered. Noah nodded slowly. "All right, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility but give me a motive. I mean why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?"

Well, he had a point. We had no motive yet why someone who just turned 17 would want the 2006 swim team dead.

"Isn't it obvious?!" Stiles charged. "Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in like six years."

I groaned at his motive and rolled my eyes just like Scott. Noah stared at his son confused and waited for him to say something that made sense.

"Okay, we don't have a motive yet" I finally said. "But does Harris?"

"What do you want me to do?" Noah asked us and threw his hands up in the air, signalizing that he had no clue what to do with the information we just gave him.

"We need to look at the evidence" Scott answered.

"Yeah, that would be at the station, where I no longer work" he confessed.

Stiles told me a few days ago that he got his dad fired. It was decided that the son of a police chief stealing police property and having a restraining order filled against him by one of the towns most respected attorneys did not reflect well on the country.

"Trust me, they'll let you in" Stiles said but Noah denied.

"Trust you?!" he asked his son and raised his voice a little bit.

"Trust... Trust them?" Stiles suggested and pointed to us.

"Them I trust" Noah smiled and nodded to me, showing that I had his full trust. I nodded back and smiled and him.

No second later, we drove down to the station and ran inside. Noah made his way over to the reception where Deputy Clara stood. She glanced at us in the background before the devoted herself to her former boss. "It's 2:00 in the morning."

"Believe me, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't extremely important" Noah said to her.

"We have to look at the hospital stuff first, okay?" I whispered to the boys while observing the two grown ups in front of us.