eight

Stiles changed the route and drove to the animal clinic. When we arrived there he helped me out of the car and opened the back gate, revealing lots of animal food. Derek fell on top of the bags. Stiles phone rang once again. I jumped over to him and read the message.

"Does Northern Blue Monkshood mean anything to you?" Stiles asked Derek.

"It's a rare form of wolfsbane. He has to bring me bullet" Derek answered.

"Why so?" I asked. "Because I'm gonna die without it" he confessed.

"Okay, we have to get inside. So open the door, Stiles!" I said and Stiles opened the door, turning the lights on. Derek followed him and took off his shirt, revealing a tattoo on the back of his neck. Derek placed his left arm on the examination table, showing us the black veins.

"You know, that really doesn't look like anything some echinacea and a good night of sleep couldn't take of" Stiles said but I didn't get what he just said. It made no sense to me.

"When the infection reaches my heart, it will kill me" Derek groaned and turned around, looking through the cabinets.

"Positivity just isn't in your vocabulary, is it?" Stiles asked but never got an answer. Seems like Derek isn't the sarcastic one here.

"If he doesn't get here with the bullet in time... Last resort" Derek spoke. 

"Which is?" I asked. Derek closed the cabinet holding up a bone saw "You gonna cut off my arm."

"Oh my god" I mumbled and took a step backwards. "I'm definitely not gonna cut off your arm, Derek."

"You have to!" he hissed, grabbing a rubberband.

"Oh my god" Stiles mumbled as well while he took the bone saw. "What if you bleed to death?"

Derek, who tried to put the rubber band around his arm to stop the blood said "It will heal, if it works."

"And what if it doesn't work? I- I can't do this!" I cried.

I could feel that Stiles was afraid, too. And you could see it in his face "Ugh... Look, I don't know if I can do this."

"Why not?" Derek shouted.

"Well, because of the cutting through the flesh, the sawing of the bone and especially the blood!" he answered.

"You faint at the sight of blood?" Derek asked. 

"No, but I might at the sight of a chopped off arm." Stiles cried.

"All right, fine. How about this? Either you cut off my arm, or I'm gonna cut off your heads!" he threatened.

"Okay, you know what? I'm so not buying your threats any-" Stiles tried to defend us but Derek grabbed his collar and pulled him over the table. "Oh my god... Okay... Alright, bought, sold. Totally. I'll do it. I'll do it!" he cried.

Derek started to choke but his grib on Stiles was still tight. "What? What are you doing?" Stiles asked.

Derek turned his head to the side and puked black blood, letting go of Stiles shirt.

"Holy god. That's disgusting!" I shouted and took another step back.

"What the hell is that?" Stiles asked.

"It's my body, trying to heal itself" he answered.

"Well, it's not doing a very good job of it" Stiles groaned.

"Now. You gotta do it now!" Derek commanded.

"Look, honestly, I don't think I can" Stiles muttered and gabbed my arm, dragging me next to him. "You do it!" he said and handed me the saw.