eighteen

While Stiles tried to contact Danny and get him here so he could track the text, I decided to go downstairs and get something to eat. The Stilinski's had always something to eat, even if it wasn't healthy all time. I opened the door as I heard someone knocking on it. Danny greeted me friendly and walked upstairs, leaving me alone. I got back to the kitchen and found some cookies in the top shelf. I grabbed them and got myself an orange juice before I headed back upstairs where the discussion had already started. 

"You want me to do what?" Danny asked. "Trace a text" Stiles answered.

"I came here to do lab work. That's what you wanted us to do" Danny reminded him. 

"And we will, once you trace the text" Stiles said, which was a lie, obviously. 

"And what makes you think I know how?" Danny questioned.

"He looked up your arrest report" I said, standing in the door frame. 

"I was thirteen. They dropped the charges" Danny fumed. 

"Whatever" Stiles added. "No we're doing lab work" Danny said and sat down next to Stiles while I sat on his bed, watching Derek. Danny seemed to recognize the werewolf as well. "Who's he again?"

I buried my head further into the book I was holding and snickered. 

"Um, my cousin... Miguel" Stiles lied. "Is that blood on his shirt?" Danny asked. 

I looked up and saw the blood stains on Derek's or should I say Miguel's shirt. 

"Yeah. Yes. Well, he gets these horrible nosebleeds... Hey Miguel! I thought I said you could borrow one of my shirts" Stiles said to Derek who closed his book. He stood up and took off his shirt with Danny staring at him at the corner of his eyes. 

"So anyway, I mean we both know you have the skills to trace that text, so we should probably-" Stiles started but Derek interrupted him, "Uh Stiles?" 

"Yes?" he answered, turning around. 

"This" Derek said and showed him a shirt, „No fit."

"Then try something else on" Stiles groaned. "Sorry" he mumbled to Danny but Danny was somewhere else. Stiles seemed to recognize it as well and smiled, knowing exactly what to do. 

"Hey! That one looks nice, huh? What do you think, Danny?" he asked Danny who blushed and looked away. 

"Huh?" he asked, ignoring the fact that he just stared at Derek. "The shirt" Stiles said. 

"It's... It's not really his color" Danny answered. 

Derek gave me the look again, showing that he totally disliked the situation. 

"You swing for a different team but you still play ball, don't you Danny boy?" Stiles smiled. 

"You're a horrible person" Danny remarked. "I know. It keeps me awake at night."

I laughed and looked at Derek who was totally pissed.

"So anyway about that text..."

"STILES!" Derek hissed, making us all look at him. "None of these fit!"

Danny gulped and turned back around, "I'll need the ISP, the phone number and the exact time of the text" Danny said, trying not to look at Derek anymore. 

Stiles and I made an air-high-five. His plan worked. Stiles' plan always worked out. Finally, Derek found a shirt that fit him and pulled it over his head. He sat next to me an we all three watched Danny minding his business.