twenty-four

I made it to Derek's within a few minutes and saw him with Scott crawling out of a bunker. "Scott!" I yelled and both of them turned around. I made it over to them and helped Scott to steady Derek. Derek seemed to have no strength. He was tired and exhausted. 

"What happened to you?" I asked him as we walked up the hill. "Kate. She tortured me" he answered and put his arm around my shoulder. He did the same with Scott and we helped him to walk. But Derek stopped. "Hey hold on. Hold on. Hold on" he mumbled and let go of us. "Something doesn't feel right."

"What do you mean?" Scott asked.

"I don't know. It's... It's kind of like it's-"

"No, don't say 'too easy'. People say 'too easy' and bad things happen. What do you think finding you was easy? Getting away from Allison's dad? None of this has been easy" Scott yelled.

"Fine, you're right" Derek mumbled and walked ahead. "Thank you" Scott said.

But something seemed to be wrong. Derek was right. The second I began to walk, I heard an arrow flying over to us. I dropped on the ground, dodging the arrow. The arrow hit Derek and he fell on the ground. I turned my head around, looking to the direction where the arrow just came from and there they were. Kate and Allison. 

"Now the leg" Kate told Allison. Allison took another arrow and shot Derek's leg.

"Flash bolt" Kate said.

"Scott! Close your eyes" I screamed, knowing exactly what was about to happen. "Now!" Kate ordered and the arrow hit the tree behind me. Even though I closed my eyes my vision was still blurry. But I got up and helped Scott to stand up. Derek who ripped the arrows out of his body stood next to Scott and helped him up as well. "Come on, Scott!" I screamed as he fell down again, dragging us with him. I sat back up and saw Allison standing in from of Scott.

"Allison, I can explain" Scott begged.

"Stop lying. For once stop lying" she said.

"I was going to tell you the truth at the formal. I was going to tell you everything. Because everything I said, everything that I did-"

"Was to protect me" Allison broke in.

"Yes" Scott mumbled.

"I don't believe you" she spat. 

"Thank god. Now shoot them before I have to shoot them myself!" Kate ordered. "You... you said we were just gonna catch them?" Allison asked in shocked. "We did that. Now we're gonna kill them" she smiled and took her gun out, shooting Derek and me right in the stomach, twice. "You bitch!" I screamed in pain and hold onto my body. 

"See. Not that hard" she laughed and walked to Allison and Scott. "Oh no. I know that look. That the 'you're gonna have to do it yourself' look" she groaned and held her gun up, pointing it at Scott.

"Kate? Kate? What are you doing?" Allison asked and tried to push Kate away but Kate was quicker. She shoved Allison to the ground and said to Scott, "I love those brown eyes."

"Kate!" Chris interrupted her. who appeared next to me "I know what you did. Put the gun down!"

"I did what I was told to" Kate tried to defend herself.

"No one asked you to murder innocent people. There were children in that house, ones who were human. I know about the Dawn's and the McKneize's you killed a year ago. Look what you're doing now. You're holding a gun at a sixteen year old boy with no proof he spilled human blood!" Chris said.

"But she has!" Kate yelled and pointed the gun at me. "Have you even seen her eyes? They're blue!" she said confusing me even more about the color of my eyes.