sixteen

"You ready?" Stiles asked me through the phone. "I told you before that I'm going to be okay" I spat and walked around my room. "Well tough luck for you. I'm standing in front of your house" he said cold. "Are you okay? You sound different" I asked him and got down the stairs. I opened the door and let him in, ending the phone call. 

"You're coming with me, I'm not taking a no for an answer" Stiles demanded and showed me his bag, filled with ties and ropes. "I don't think that I've got another chance, so yes. Let me change real quick" I answered and ran back upstairs, changing into a pair of jeans and a top before I threw on my jacket and got into my boots. 

As I walked down the stairs, Tess was waiting for me with her hands on her hips next to Stiles, "What do you think you're doing?" she asked me, knowing about the full moon tonight.

"Stiles is taking me to Scott" I answered. 

"No, he's not" she persisted. 

"I'm not?" Stiles asked confused. 

"No, you're not" she said to Stiles. "And you are staying home. I'll be taking care of you tonight, Amber. You know it's a full moon night" she reminded me. 

"I'm aware of that, thank you" I spat. "Stiles will tie us up. He'll make sure that we're safe, Tess."

"I am not so keen on that" she exclaimed. 

"I know, I know. But ... What will happen, if I attack you? Huh? Stiles is going to chain us up and then he will go back home. Nothing's going to happen, I promise" I said. 

Tess thought it over. "Okay, but if you won't make it home until three a.m., I'm going to search for you, is that clear?" she said.

I nodded and took Stiles' arm. "Watch her" Tess told Stiles and closed the door behind us. "You know that I'll stay with you and Scott, right?" he asked me as he started the engine of his jeep. "I know but you do know that I lied in there. You're not going to tie me up" I answered. 

"I will and you can't stop me!" he stated.

We arrived at Scott's a few minutes later. Stiles took the bag and walked up the stairs in front of McCall's main entrance. Stiles grabbed the key and opened the door, only to be welcomed by mama McCall. 

"Scott?" she asked, already dressed in her working clothes. 

"Stiles" Stiles corrected. "And Amber" I added. 

"Key?!" she asked as she saw the key in Stiles' hand. 

"Yeah. I had one made, so..." Stiles rambled. 

"That doesn't surprise me. It scares me, but it doesn't surprise me" she mumbled. 

I kind of felt bad for her. She was totally done with parenting. 

Stiles dropped the bag and Melissa stared at it, "What is that?" 

"That's a school project we were about to do" I lied and smiled

"Mmm. He's okay, right?" Melissa said out of nothing. 

"Who?" Stiles asked while I said in common "Scott? He's fine, yes."

"He just doesn't talk to me that much anymore, not like he used to" she mumbled. 

"Well, he's had a bit of a rough week. The breakup wasn't that easy for him" I said, which was true.

"Yeah, yeah. I get it" she smiled and walked towards the door. "Yeah, um... Okay, uh. Be careful tonight" she said. 

"You, too" Stiles answered.