fourteen

I stumbled over my own feet and fell on my knees but got up back again and turned left into another floor. Seconds later, I realized that I lost the others. They must've turned into another floor as I fell on the ground. Damn it. And I stupid moron forgot my phone at home. Great. 

I turned around and held my hand over my mouth as I tried to get though the hallway as quietly as I could. I backed away and leaned myself against a door. Around the corner I heard the alpha crawling on the floor. I closed my eyes and pressed myself even more against the door. I grabbed the door knob and twisted it but the door wouldn't open. I let go and the knob made a loud noise. "Crap!" I mumbled and looked down the hall, seeing the red eyes. My eyes widened as I saw the alpha running towards me. I pushed myself off the door and ran the other way. My feet were hurting and I was out of breath but I had to run faster. Otherwise I'd be dead. I turned around while running and saw the that the alpha was still behind me. But let me tell you one thing. Never, NEVER turn around while running. I fell down, being the clumsy me I always was and scraped my knees. I felt the material of my jeans digging into my flesh. I tried to stand up again but the alpha grabbed my neck and lifted me up. 

"Don't kill me!" I chocked and punched my fists against its chest. The alpha's grip loosened and he tossed me against the row of windows on the end of the hallway. My back crashed through the window and I fell out but I could hold onto the windowsill. I groaned in pain as I tried to lift myself up but I couldn't. I looked down and regretted it. I was at least thirty-five feet over the ground. My right hand slipped off and fell to my side which made me look down again. 

You can do it, Amber. I heard my mother voice in my head. Do it!

I put my hand back on the sill and tried to lift me up again. 

Go for it, my girl!

„AAAH!" I screamed as I got myself up. I tumbled through the broken window and landed on my butt. I let out a sigh. I did it. But as soon as I caught my breath the alpha's claws wrapped around my ankle and it threw me through the hall. My head slammed against a door knob and soon the darkness took over me.

As I opened my eyes I was alone. The alpha was gone. I stood up and held my hand against my temple. Blood was still running down my head, meaning that I wasn't out for long. My vision was still blurry and my feet wouldn't do what I wanted them to do. I stumbled a few times and fell now and then on the floor. I gathered myself up and walked through the hallways. I didn't care if the alpha was going to attack me another time. Better me than the others. I swallowed hard as my head brushed the lockers. I slipped down the locker and sat down for a while. I never thought that this 'little' attack would affect me so bad. 

"Five? I barely fit in the back" I heard Allison saying. 

Allison. They must be somewhere near. 

I got up and walked further. I focused on the voices and not on the agonizing pain I felt. 

"It doesn't matter" Stiles said.

I followed the voices and found myself standing in front of Harris' chemistry room.

"Stiles" I mumbled and tried to open the door but something was preventing it from opening. "Stiles!" I wept and banged on the door. 

"Amber?" I heard him say.

"Stiles" I shouted and seconds later the door opened. "Amber" he mumbled and hugged me. "You're safe... I thought you'd be dead-" he said but as he saw the wound on my head his eyes widened. "What happened?" he asked. "The alpha" I gulped, "He tried to kill me. It- it threw me out the window and I was about to fall down... I- I was about to die" I cried. Stiles hugged me even tighter.