twenty-nine

"Are you sure we're going the right way? Because we've been on this road for at least more than half an our and I don't even see-" "Yes, I'm sure" Stiles interrupted me.

"Fine" I hissed and leaned my head against the window.

We've been in Stiles' jeep for more than thirty-five minutes now and to be honest, I hate driving a long period of time without knowing where to. Stiles said that he wanted to take me somewhere, so we could be alone since his father decided to interrupt us every time. Tess wasn't better. She told us to leave the door open all time so she could hear us.

I was going through Stiles' CD's in the box in the backseat, searching for another CD to listen to while Stiles observed me now and then, probably wondering what the hell I was doing to his lovely car. "Where is the Maroon 5 CD? Wasn't it laying around here just yesterday?" I asked him as I couldn't find my favorite CD.

"I don't know" he replied.

"God, Stiles. Could you just for once clean your car?" I groaned and closed the box. I watched Stiles as he snickered.

"I'm not kidding, Stiles. There are sweaters, lacrosse balls, cheeseburger wrappings and so much more everywhere! No wonder I can't find anything in here. You know what? I'm going to clean this mess up when you're fast asleep!" I mumbled.

"Don't you dare!" Stiles blurted and stared at me, shaking his head. "I will" I said and began to rearrange the box but Stiles grabbed my hand and prevented me from doing so. I laughed and intertwined our fingers.

"There's one thing about you that causes me physical pain" Stiles remarked. "And that is?"

"Your maniac for cleaning" he laughed. I giggled and leaned my head against the window. "That's okay. Now we're on the same level because you cause me physical pain with you being messy."

I don't know what I'd do without Stiles. He's the kind of person that brings you back to reality. He's the one who brings back the human inside of me. He's the kind of person you will never be without and that's my fear. I know that someday something will tear us apart. We're not made for a happy ending. We were, if it wasn't for that supernatural shit going around Beacon Hills. And once again, I couldn't think of something else.

Stiles suggested to leave Beacon Hills for the night so I could free my mind. But here I was, fearing that one day it will get us all.

"You okay?" Stiles asked as he stared at me. "Yeah" I answered and admired him for a little longer.

"Good because we're here" he said and stopped the car.

I looked out the window and admired the view. "Where are we?"

"My mum used to take me here" Stiles replied and got out the car. I opened the passenger door and stepped outside, feeling the cold breeze on my skin. I closed my eyes and inhaled the fresh air. "It's beautiful."

Stiles grabbed my hand and walked over to one of the big trees. While he sat down, I stared into the distance. The moon was glowing on the lake, reflecting a beautiful bright light. The wind was so tender that it wasn't too cold. In the distance, I could here the locusts singing its melodies while the lapping of the water calmed me down.

I sat down next to Stiles and placed my head on his shoulder. Stiles laid his arm around me and kissed the top of my head.

"My mum brought me first here when my turtle died" he smiled.

"You had a turtle?" I asked and looked up to him. "Yes. Mum said that this place seems to be so nice that it will calm you down in seconds" he mumbled and placed his chin on top of my head. "It worked. I forgot about my grief and just wanted to stay here forever. Since then, my mum and I came here every week. We used to picnic here or play at the swings back there" he said and pointed to the swings on the other side of the lake. I grabbed his other hand and placed it in my lap.