thirty-two

Allison had a plan how to get her grandfather's keys. Stiles had one, too, but let's forget  about Stiles' plan. His plan sucked.

Basically, all she wanted to do was pretend that she's cold and her grandfather would give her his jacket which should have the keys in it, hopefully.

Here I am now, sitting two rows behind Allison and her grandfather at the lacrosse game. Allison turned around and nodded, telling me that Gerard put the keys in his jacket. I smiled, knowing that our plan was going to work.

The game was on for about ten minutes and to be honest, it wasn't looking good for us. The opposite team 'The Beavers' had some good player, especially player number 42.

"Come on! Is that thing even a teenager? I wanna see a birth certificate!" Coach yelled, referring to player number 42 who just knocked one of ours out.

Allison looked back at me once again and mouthed, "Now?"

"Now!" I whispered.

She nodded and turned back around, rubbing her arms to show her grandfather that she was getting cold. "I knew I should have brought a warmer jacket."

Gerard faced Allison and smiled. "You're cold? Here take my coat."

"Are you sure?"

"Oh yeah" Gerard said and stood up, taking off his coat and giving it to Allison. "Thanks."

Allison faced me once more and nodded, telling me that the keys were indeed in the pockets. I nodded as well and got my phone out. Since Allison was next to her grandfather she couldn't text Stiles. Plus, her parents would also see it. I texted him, saying that we had the keys and put my phone back in my pocket as the crowd began to groan. Player 42 was once again on the middle of the field, knocking our players out one by one.

Stiles on the other hand got up and walked past us and he snatched the keys from Allison away. He looked up to me and nodded. "I'll text you as soon as I find something" he whispered and disappeared.

I concentrated back on the game which got worse and worse. Danny was out on the bench with a cool pack on his head while Coach persuaded him to play. He sent him back on the field but there was still one player missing. 

"Where's Stilinski?! Where's Stilinski?!" Coach yelled but as he could find him he sighed. Coach was looking through the crowd as he spotted someone. "You! You! You play lacrosse?"

"Uh..."

I turned around and saw Boyd sitting next to Erica just a few seats away from me. "Derek won't like this" Erica whispered but Boyd stood up and took his jacket off. "Yeah. But I will."

"Oh, ha ha ha! We got ourselves a player!" Coach shouted and dragged Boyd over to him. No minute later he was on the field with a stick in his hand, keeping an eye on the opposite team. And as player number 42 ran towards Boyd, I swear my heart stopped beating for a second. If Boyd would do anything werewolfy like Stiles would say, it wouldn't end well, not with Gerard in the crowd. I watched Boyd as he got ready to attack the opposite team player but thankfully he didn't use his werewolf powers. He used his human strength to knock player number 42 out. Everyone, me included jumped off their seats and cheered.

"The bigger they are - The bigger they are!" Coach shouted happily. Everyone cheered like we already won the game but it wasn't even finished yet. We still got 1:04 left and we were not winning, yet.

Right before the referee blew his whistle, I saw Scott approaching Boyd, who wasn't looking very well. "You gotta get off the field, your eyes. Someone is gonna see you!"