thirty-five

Love is something that means very different things to different people. For some, love can be purely romantic, or even purely sexual. For others, real love is utterly unconditional and only truly exists between family members, or between people and a deity. And for some people, love is fluid, ever changing, and everywhere, and is felt for family, friends, partners, pets, and even inanimate objects, dead artists, and fictional characters. None of these people would be right or wrong, but one thing is certain: love is the most powerful force in the entire universe. Between partners of any description, be they married or cohabiting, boyfriend and girlfriend, straight or gay, young or old, love is a relationship of mutual understanding and respect. This kind of love is often reliant on some kind of 'chemistry': that strange feeling that they give you in the pit of your stomach, and the feeling that nothing in the world is more important to you than enjoying the moment you're in together. It is the strength of this feeling that makes love the most powerful emotion that most of us will ever experience. People can do some dreadful things out of hate and fear, but love can push us to do much, much worse. And it is often love that can cause us to hate, whether it's out of jealousy, or anger because our loved one has been hurt. Love, ultimately, is a sacrifice, whatever the relationship, and it must be the most powerful force in the universe because as human beings, we make true sacrifices for nothing less.

"Please. Say something, Amber!"

I still couldn't believe what just happened. Like a dream, you're not sure if it was real or not. You wake up and question yourself if the situation happened in real life or if it was just an illusion. I, on the other hand knew that I wasn't dreaming. I just couldn't believe what I just heard. Stiles just said that he was falling in love with me.

"Am?"

I faced him and stared into his warm eyes. His facial expression was screaming for an answer but I was stunned. Never have I thought that someone would say this to me. Never. And now here I am.

Stiles' face fell. He looked broken like his heart just shattered into billion pieces and I couldn't see him like this. Not when I was feeling the same.

I grabbed his face with both of my hands and smashed my lips on his. Stiles held his breath for a second before he kissed me back with all of his passion.

Eventually, I had to break the kiss and gasped for air. Stiles, on the other hand stared at me with a questionable look. "So does this mean...?"

"Yes, Stiles. I love you" I replied and smiled.

Stiles smiled as well before he kissed me again.

Do you know the feeling, when you feel like everything around you becomes furry or disappears?When you feel like you're the only person on this planet? The only one with with the person you love beside you? I finally knew that feeling. Nearly every movie mentioned it but I always doubted it. Until now.

"What do you mean Scott?" Stiles asked in the middle of the night as he picked up his phone.

"I said that I followed Jackson and he's at a club! He's going to do something. You better hurry and get your ass here! I need your help. Especially Amber's help. Derek's probably here, too!"

"Wow! Why do I feel slightly excluded?" Stiles groaned but I snapped his phone out of his grip.

"We're coming, Scott!" I told him and ended the call.

Stiles stared at me in disbelief but I jumped out of the bed and grabbed my clothes, putting them on. "What? We have to help him! Derek is going to kill Jackson!"