ten

"Do you really think we should go in there?" I asked Stiles as we stood in front of Lydia's house.

"I do and since you lost the challenge, you have to you with me" he said and knocked on the door.

"How was I supposed to win? You used to like her for years and now you suddenly don't... that's not-"

"Hi there. How can I help you?" Mrs.Martin said as she opened the door. 

"Oh I'm Stiles and this is Amber, friends of Lydia's. We wanted to see her. We were worried. Is she home?" Stiles asked.

"Yes, sure. Come in" she said and opened the door for us. Mrs.Martin walked up the stairs and knocked on the first door to our right side. 

"Honey, there's a Stiles and a Amber here to see you" she said after she opened the door. Lydia was lying on her bed with a little piece of clothing on.

"What the hell is a Stiles?" she asked. 

"She took a little something to ease her nerves. You can go in" Mrs. Martin told us. "Thanks" Stiles and I said in common. Mrs.Martin smiled and left us alone. 

Lydia turned her head to the door and asked, "What are you doing here?"

"I... We were just making sure you were okay" Stiles answered.

"Why?" she asked after a little while and patted on the bed, signaling Stiles to sit down, which he did.

"Because we were worried about you today, Lydia. How are you feeling?" I asked her and got on my knees in front of her. 

Lydia grabbed Stiles' arm and got near to his face, making me slightly jealous even though Stiles didn't like her anymore. "I feel... Fantastic!" she smiled. 

"Oh!" Stiles mumbled as he grabbed the pill bottle on Lydia's nightstand. "What is this?" I asked and took it. Oh well.. those were the strongest pills I've ever held in my hands. No wonder why Lydia seemed to be off.

"Lydia, I bet you can't say ‚I saw Suzy sitting in a shoeshine shop' ten times fast" I smirked knowing that she wouldn't be able to say those words.

"I saw Shuzy- I shaw-" she said but gave up.

"I saw..." she whispered and looked me in the eyes for the first time since we came here. 

"What? Lydia, what did you see?" Stiles asked. 

"Something" she answered. 

"Something like... like a mountain lion?" I asked this time. "A mountain lion" she confirmed.

"Are you sure you saw a mountain lion, or are you just saying that because that's what the police told you?" Stiles questioned. "A mountain lion" she said again. 

Yep, she was totally drunk. Stiles groaned and I tried to find a way to get her to tell us what we wanted to hear. I grabbed the stuffed giraffe on her night stand and held it in front of her face "What's this?"

"A mountain lion" she answered.

"Okay. You're so drunk" I groaned and Lydia dropped her head on Stiles' thigh. I chuckled. "Just get her off me!" Stiles told me. 

"I thought you like it" I teased and stood up, about to leave. Stiles stood up as well, sending Lydia back to earth and stood next to me. "Well, we're gonna go. Uh. We'll let you get back to the whole post-traumatic stress thing" Stiles mumbled and closed the door. 

"Stay" Lydia said from the inside. 

I grabbed the door handle and opened the door. "Stay? You want us to stay? Like in me and Stiles? The one you always igno-"