This is a comfort fic for me

A/N:
Hi so idk if anyone has also come to this realization but I graduate high school in 2 years and I just realized how much time has been passing and how fast. And I'm f*cking scared😀anyways here's me letting out my anxiety:D

YOUR POV:

I sat down at my desk blankly looking at the journal filled with notes. My mind was swirled with thoughts of how much time had been passing. It felt like yesterday I started elementary school,like I was child and was care free. Waking up early to watch YouTube and playing online games before school. It felt like yesterday I started middle school,having to wake up earlier and crying in the classrooms. It felt like I started high school yesterday,waking up very early and getting off early. I don't want to grow up. Sure getting a job is something I've always wanted since I was smaller,but I have no rush to get my drivers licenses. I don't want to grow up. I wish to stay a child forever.

The bell soon went off dismissing school for that day. I packed my bag and headed towards the girls bathroom where Hanako was. "Y/N!" I turned to see Yashiro rushing to me"can you tell Hanako-kun I can't make it today?" I nod with a soft smile"sure." She thanks me before running off. I turn on my heel and continue on my way. I wish I was like Yashiro,she's carefree and doesn't worry about the future. She has no future after all.

I pushed open the door to the bathroom as Hanako's voice rings in my ears. "Y/N! Welcome! I missed you!" He exclaims floating over to me as I set my bag down the floor. "I was going to come and visit you but I had to return things the Mokke stole. They sure do like to cause trouble."

I didn't answer.

"Hey,are you ok?" Hanako asks with concern in his voice as I shake my head. "What's wrong?" I felt tears come to my eyes I looked to him as his eyes widened. "I...I wish I was like you."(sh*t I'm fixing to cry)

He gave a confused look"what do you mean?" He asks"you're a child,a minor. You'll always be one. You don't have to grow up." I choke out as his eyes soften"is this what this is all about?" I nod"Hanako I don't want to grow up." I tell him as the tears fall from my eyes"when I turn 18 I'm forced to become an adult. If I get cat called,I can't say 'I'm a minor'...I can but...y-you know what I mean. I'll have to schedule my own appointments and get a house somewhere. I won't be able to hide behind my parents anymore because it's not socially acceptable. I won't be able to ask someone to order for me because of my social anxiety. I'll have a car. I'll have bills to pay. On top of that,university. I don't even know what I want to be when I get older,most people have a plan but I don't. I have no idea what I want to be. I can't just keep saying 'I'm not sure yet' when I reach 18. I don't want to grow up. I want to stay a kid forever. It's nice. Lovely even. Sure you can't do certain things and your parents are mean to you,but...it's nice and calming."

Hanako wrapped his arms around me. "It's ok,you're ok. You're not 18 yet,that's 2 years away-months away even. You have plenty of time. Use this time to your advantage. I took advantage of my life and you see where that landed me. It's ok to grow up,everyone has to. You can continue to act like a child,nobody is telling you can't."

"But everyone wants to grow up!"

"Not everyone wants to. Some people hate their home life and want to. How do you think the people who were forced to grow up to fast feel? When they get older they're going to hate the fact they wasted their childhood away. You'll be ok. You're a smart person. You've got this,I know you do. Just take life one day at a time."

"But my time has gone by so fast. My hour glass is running dry."

"And that's ok. You've survived this long haven't you? You're ok. I'll always be here with you if need me. You know where to find me."

"I...I know. You all will be here for me when I need you. You're one of my comfort characters after all,fictional. You,Kurapika and Ranpo will always be here for me. You're all fake after all."

"You're not alone. Just remember that. You have your best friend after all. They're just as scared as you are. You have a good friend right beside you at all times. You both got this. I believe in you."

"Believe in me?" I ask him as he nods"of course! I've been with you for so long,of course I'm proud of you! You're a strong enby,you got this. Oh hey! When you turn 18 you can finally cut your hair off and dye it! Look at the bright side!" He smiles as my eyes widen"y-you're right." He then pulls me into a hug,a tight one. "I believe in you,you've got this. If you need me,you know where to find me." I nod and wrap my arms around his thin body"also if you don't mind me asking-"he pulls away"what did you mean by fictional? And who the heck are 'Ranpo' and 'Kurapika'?" I let out a soft laugh"oh right,you don't know. Ehhh forget about it." He nods"ok then. Also,please get to work. I can tell Yashiro isn't showing up today."

A/N:
I cried a little writing this. And when I said YOUR POV it was more like MY POV if anything. But anyways bye bye<3