Dead/Alive(REQUEST-SOULMATE AU)

YOUR POV:

:flashback:
"Mama! Lookie!" I exclaimed rushing up to my mom"what is it honey?" She said stopping what she was doing and bending down to my height. I quickly shoved my wrist in her face"my so-soul...m-mate..."I stutter out having a hard time pronouncing the word 'soulmate'. I was always told that once you turn 5 years old,you'd get the mark of your soul mate on your wrist. I watched my mom's eyes soften"t-that's v-very lovely d-dear..."she stutters out"h-how about y-you g-go and play now...?" I nod and rush back to my bedroom.

:flashback end:

I sat in class staring at my right wrist,the word:
Dead
Carefully placed on,almost like a tattoo. My entire life I thought I'd meet my soulmate,but I suppose I was unlucky. They always tell you about how your soulmate will be perfect and all these other lies.

"Your soulmate will be able to write on their wrist,and you will be able to write on yours to respond back!"

That was the world be lived in.

Nobody ever talked about dead soulmates. I now know why. Most of the girls would always talking to their soulmate or talk about their soulmate. Most of the boys would talk about their soulmate or not really care. I tried talking about my soulmate,but once I said the dreadful words of: "their dead." The topic always got quiet before laughter started to happen.

Dead soulmates meant you were a outcast.

I guess that's good though to a extent. You don't have to worry about drama but you're more vulnerable to bullying and other harm. I heard the bell go off showing that classes were over,I shoved my things into my bag only to see Yashiro coming over to me.

"Oh hey Yashiro." Yashiro smiled lightly"any luck?" She shakes her head"nothing..."her smile drops. Yashiro was a special case of this soulmate drama,when she turned 5 years old she never found out who her soulmate was. "I keep begging to the Gods that maybe today will be the day I hear something." She states"well don't be so sad over it." I say standing up"I'm sure it's just not your time." Yashiro then grabs my hands"what if I don't have a soulmate?! DO YOU KNKW WHAT THEY WILL SAY Y/N?!" I stared at the girl,my eyes slightly wide as I shook my head"n-no..."

"THEY'LL SAY IM A DAIKON WITH NO LOVER!" She then falls to the floor and starts to sulk"Yashiro,hey it's not so bad." I said joining her on the floor"I'm sure your soulmate is just to scared to make a move. I know you said that you wanted them to say something first,but maybe you'll have to man up." Yashiro sniffles"I-I guess so..."I help her up and she sets her bag onto my desk and starts digging threw her bag.

"Yashiro?!"

She then pulls out a blue sharpie,her eyes show determination. "You're right Y/N! I'm going to have to be the man in this relationship!" She takes off the cap and starts to write on her arm:
Hey why haven't you said anything for 10 years?!

I sweat dropped"w-well at least you're to the point..." she huffs and puts the cap back on before shoving it back into her bag. "Nene-Chan! Y/N-Chan!" I turn to see Aoi. "Ah! Aoi!" Yashiro exclaims"any luck today Nene-Chan?" Yashiro shoves her arm into Aoi's face"I see I see. How about you Y/N-Chan?" I shake my head"why are you over here Aoi?" I growl slightly"well,have you heard about the rumors?" We shake our head"apparently-"she then went on to tell the story of school mystery Number Seven,Hanako-San of the toilets.

Yashiro was practically shaking as I just rolled my eyes. "And people believe that story?" Aoi nods"it seems pretty real to me. Maybe you should give it a try Y/N-Chan." Yashiro jumps and grabs onto me"that'd be so cool! You got this Y/N! I'll come along as support!" I pat Yashiro's head"it's ok. I'll go alone. Besides,she's not even real." I then grab my bag and sling it over my shoulder.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow." I said waving goodbye and heading to the old school building.

I quickly found my way to the girls third story bathroom. I opened it to see a fairly clean bathroom. That's odd...

I glance at the stalls and walk over to the third stall. I knocked three times before saying the chant. The door then swung open scaring me a little"oh geez...! Maybe the window's b-"I then felt a hand on shoulder"I'm heeeree~!" I jumped and quickly turned around to see a boy"why is there a boy in here?!" The boy then gives me peace signs"I'm Hanako-San of the toilets." He tilts his hat a little"pleasure to meet you." I nod slowly"s-so y-you're real..." he nods"and who are you?" He asks me"Y/N...Y/N L/N." I answered.

"Pretty name." I felt my cheeks burn a little"so,you were able to summon me,so now I will grant your wish. Please tell me you care here unprepared." I let out a soft nervous giggle"w-well about that...I didn't th-think you'd be real so..."Hanako sighs"that's ok I suppose. Not many can summon me."

"If you don't mind me asking,why are you a boy? Shouldn't you be a girl?" Hanako then starts to float away"ah! Come back! I was joking!" Hanako pauses"I know!" He giggles making me smile a little"so about that wish..."he says pulling out a note pad and flipping it open.

I looked down at my wrist to see that faithful four letter word. "Actually,can you help me find my soulmate?" I watched the boy go stiff a little"s-soulmate...?" I nod"you see-"I showed him my wrist"I was unlucky and was born with a dead soulmate..."I nervously giggled"s-so I was never g-given the chance to talk to th-"I see him tug at his right sleeve"H-Hanako-kun?" I hum,he pulled his sleeve back a little.

His amber eyes widened before he glanced at me. "Y-Y-Y-You're-"I have him a confused look before he tackled me in hug sending us both to the floor. "WAH!"

"Y-YOURE THEM!" He scream on top of me"WHO?!" I screamed back as shows me his right wrist"MY SOULMATE!" My eyes widened at the words:
L/N Y/N
-Alive

"Y-You're..."

I didn't know how to feel.

I was confused,sad,happy,shocked.

Confused because I thought there was no hope.

Sad because my soulmate is dead.

Happy because I FOUND said soulmate.

And lastly shocked because I found them or I guess him.

"Y/N?" He hums"you alright?" I nod"y-yea..."he then climbs off of me"here-"he holds out his hand for me and I take his offer as he helps me up. "It's nice to finally meet you Y/N L/N,I've been waiting for you for more than 50 years."

A/N(MANGA SPOILERS):
Ok ok so I recently got into MARINA and like this song right here:

Reminds me so much of Akane and Aoi's relationship. Especially the part where Aoi stabs Akane,and despite her doing that he still loves her. I can't listen to this song the same way anymore without being sad and thinking about them