Chapter 3: Mental Notes

Jiang Cheng was certain- very certain, that reliving through events that had already happened- things that he already knew what to expect- everything would be a lot easier. He was proven wrong by none other than his innocent and carefree older brother.

Apparently, it had been a little over a month since the lectures at Gusu had began. Jiang Cheng learned this when Nie Huaisang came bouncing over with a cheerful expression, "Wei-xiong! You lucked out! Master Lan isn't here today, due to a conference going on at Qinghe. We get a few days off!"

"Awesome!!" Wei WuXian cheered.

Jiang Cheng shook his head amused, "You're still going to get punished after he returns,"

"Yeah, yeah," Wei WuXian brushed him off, "I'll just be copying more rules and getting more opportunities to tease Lan Zhan,"

Jiang Cheng blinked slowly. He followed his friends silently, listening to Wei WuXian ramble about the second Jade. The irony was making Jiang Cheng feel ashamed for not realizing how in love his brother was.

A thought crossed his mind, "What if...A-Xian and Hanguang Jun confessed earlier..."

Jiang Cheng really didn't want to play matchmaker. And he definitely didn't want to do with the second jade. But- BUT- for his brother's sake...he knows how much Lan WangJi made Wei WuXian happy. How the other had been so foolishly oblivious to his own and the latters feelings, that he had to die- get yelled at- almost die again- for the confessions to finally happen. It was truly shameful.

The violet robed male glanced at his brother and came to a silent conclusion. He was going to play matchmaker for Wei WuXian's happiness. Yes, his brother had suffered enough for two lifetimes.

The only problem was- Jiang Cheng didn't know shit about love and romance. His parent's marriage was never the ideal example and only made him anxious about his own marriage. He didn't want to be cruel like his mother. But he didn't want to be a coward like Father.

Another note was added in his mental basket. He had to get his parents to sit down and talk with one another- honestly. He had to prove to his mother that Wei WuXian's recklessness was an act to hide the dark moments.

Oh goodness, perhaps Jiang Cheng's main role in going back in time was really to play matchmaker. For his brother, his parents, and if it comes to it, his sister.

How unlucky! He scowled mentally, The one non-married person has to be the love mentor.

Jiang Cheng sighed, placing a hand on Wei WuXian's shoulder, "Here you are, rambling about Second Young Master Lan like a girl with a crush,"

Nie Huaisang let out a strangled gasp behind his fan while Wei WuXian sputtered face turning red, "I-I'm not!!! I just- ad-admire him! And-"

"Like him?" Jiang Cheng offered.

"I'm not a cutsleeve!!" Wei WuXian exclaimed, "And I doubt someone like perfect handsome Lan Zhan would settle for me- if he were a cutsleeve!!"

Jiang Cheng thought back to the whiplashes he had been informed about. The younger could only raise an eyebrow at the other, "I highly disagree,"

"Nie-Xiong! Back me up, here!!!" Wei WuXian panicked.

Nie Huaisang only hummed, lightly fanning himself, "No, no, I think Jiang-xiong is on to something,"

Wei WuXian let out a screech of protest while Jiang Cheng smirked in triumph. His victory was short-lived when he caught sight of two Jade's walking towards them.

Jiang Cheng nudged Wei WuXian, motioning towards the two jades. Wei WuXian called out, "Zewu Jun!! Lan Zhan!!"

The three friends met them in the center, exchanging giving polite bows. Jiang Cheng and Lan WangJi made eye contact and the two of them shared a cold look, which did not go unnoticed by their older brothers.