Chapter 69: Purple Robes

As expected, word of Wei WuXian's cultivation spread through the cultivation world like fire. It had been about a month since his return and other than the war he was the biggest topic. He would join battles and lead his own, but no matter what, his influence and power was a great advantage. He was powerful and that made everyone look at him with awe and fear. As of now, there had been no bad words, only the shock and horror of the strength Wei WuXian held as one man alone, that to- a man not even in his twenties! No, Wei WuXian was 18 and had become a powerful force to rival an entire sect.

Wei WuXian walked into a room after reporting to Jiang Fengmian about the latest fight. Four faces looked at him, Wei WuXian smiling in relief when he caught sight of the jars beside the tea pot.

"Wine!" Wei WuXian cheered, black robes fluttering and he sat down beside Jiang Cheng.

Jiang Cheng sent Lan WangJi an apologetic look, the older just shaking his head. Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi had been rather strange. Wei WuXian was the most strange, reacting strangely to things and sometimes outright avoiding Lan WangJi for an entire day. One thing that had remained consistent was the physical distance. Wei WuXian didn't really let too many people close other than Wen Qing and Jiang Yanli. Jiang Cheng occasionally.

The second thing that remained consistent was Wei WuXian's appetite. It had decreased incredibly, and the four Jiang's were devastated when they had finally realized the recurring theme Wei WuXian had when he had been experiencing the eating disorder. They had confirmed it with Wen Qing, who had only given them the breakdown of things she had noticed.

Grabbing a jar, Wei WuXian greeting them all, "Nice to see you all after a while,"

They had been split up for various battles. Wei WuXian had accompanied Nie MingJue to Heijan.

"How was the Heijan front?" Lan WangJi asked.

"Good," Wei WuXian nodded, taking a sip to avoid eye contact, "Da-Ge is truly a force to be reckoned with,"

"We'll be heading to Langya in about a week," Jiang Cheng informed, seeing it was one of the days Wei WuXian was avoiding people again.

"Yes," Jin ZiXuan nodded with a small frown, "Apologies if I will be unable to spend much time. ZiXun will stick by my side like glue,"

Jiang Cheng and Lan WangJi frowned at that. Wei WuXian chuckled amused, "He's the clingy cousin?"

"Sometimes I worry I've been to light on him," Jin ZiXuan sighed, "He's quite proud,"

There was a light hum and Wei WuXian suddenly gasped, "Ah! Nie-xiong, have you met young master Meng?"

Lan WangJi paused mid sip and Jiang Cheng choked. Jin ZiXuan patted the heir's back a few times, Nie Huaisang answering, "Ah? My brother's new right hand?"

"Yes! He's incredibly smart and well versed. He had planned our route to take out the Wen camp and it went without fail!" Wei WuXian praised and then turned to Jin ZiXuan, "He's also your younger brother,"

Now Jin ZiXuan choked on the wine. Hoarsely, he looked up with a bright eyes none of the boys had seen, "Really?! Is he here, I'd love to meet him!"

Wei WuXian chuckled, "He'll be here in a few days with Da-Ga. Then, he'll join us when we head to Langya to help out Jin Sect,"

The door opened and the boys glanced over to see a male servant walk in, "Young Master Wei, Maiden Jiang requested to send you new robes,"

Wei WuXian grinned and then it fell as he saw the purple color. His mind suddenly went haywire, an itch beginning to spread up his skin.