Chapter 62: No Envies - part V

When Wei WuXian opened his eyes, he was in a bright white room. His body was not in pain and he was completely fine. Standing up, Wei WuXian walked forward, looking around lost. As he stepped forward, the room changed and he was standing on a pier over water.

"A-Xian!"

Wei WuXian turned to see the Jiang's smiling at him. He was about to speak, when he heard his own voice and turned to see himself run towards them smiling. His other self was dressed in the purple robes and Wei WuXian grimaced, turning away. He stepped forward again, the scene changing once more.

This time, it was night and the full moon was shining above him. He stood on a rooftop and in front of him were his 15-year-old self and a 15-year-old Lan WangJi. Wei WuXian smiled, "Our first meeting,"

Lan WangJi looked to Wei WuXian and he called out, "Wei Ying!"

But then the scene changed rapidly and Wei WuXian felt like he was falling. Gasping, Wei WuXian found himself outside a small house. Wei WuXian had never seen this house before, but it felt familiar. Before he could move, a hand touched his shoulder, "A-Ying?"

Wei WuXian turned around at the unfamiliar voice. Standing there were two people. A female dressed in white and beige robes, with silver eyes and light hair. Beside her was a male with dark hair and brown eyes, dressed in black robes with purple inner robes.

Wei WuXian looked at them for a few moments, trying to put a name. He knows them...he should know them. Why can't he name them?!

Helplessness fell on his face and he bowed deeply, "i'm sorry...I can't...I can't put a name to you two. Can you please tell this one who you are?"

"Have you been raised in the Lan Sect? What son bows to their parents?" The male laughed and Wei WuXian straightened up with wide eyes.

"My..."

The female, CangSe Sanren, stepped forward and cupped his face. Wei WuXian knew her. It felt warm and soft. Safe. He leaned into her touch, smiling brightly and tears dropping, "Mom..."

CangSe Sanren smiled, pulling Wei WuXian into a hug, "My baby,"

Wei ChangZe hugged them both as well, Wei WuXian grabbed them as much as he could. He cried into their embrace, smiling brightly and repeating, "Mom...Dad...Mom...Dad..."

"My A-Ying has gone through so much," Wei ChangZe sighed sadly as they pulled back.

Wei WuXian held their hands, before realization hit him. He spoke, "Am I...dead?"

"No," CangSe Sanren smiled tightly, "You're body is laying in the Burial Mounds and resentment is swarming around you. It's trying to kill you...trying to make you lose your mind and break your core...But ChangZe and I are are protecting you,"

"What?" Wei WuXian frowned, confused.

"You didn't think we just...moved on after we died, did you? How could we move on when our son was alone?" Wei ChangZe explained sadly.

"W-where are we?" Wei WuXian looked around.

"Home," CangSe Sanren informed, the three of them walking into the house.

Entering, Wei WuXian let go of his parents and walking around, taking in everything. He smiled, soaking in every lost memory. His parents watched with loving smiles as Wei WuXian grew giddy at everything and explored. They wanted to stay like this forever...

But they couldn't.

"A-Ying," His father called him and Wei WuXian turned to him smiling, "Yes, Father?"