Chapter 58: No Envies - part I

Wei WuXian closed the carriage behind him, turning around and sending a talisman on it for protection and hiding. He felt tears fall, but he ignored them, turning back and keeping all the Wen soldiers at bay from following. He fought with Suiban skillfully, switching between talisman he had yet to finish testing and ones he had. The horses had run off as their riders were sent off or killed. The red sword glare flared in the sky, Wei WuXian taunting the soldiers and leading them away from the carriage.

As he ran, he smiled sadly, 'Please forgive me didi,'

He did not want to leave. He wanted to stay with his brother and his aunt and uncle. He wanted to head to QingHe to see his sister and friends. He wanted to be able to run into Lan WangJi's arms.

But that was gone now and he knew it.

And the worst pain- he knew Jiang Cheng would hate it and deny this wasn't the only way. But this was the only way. Wei WuXian- while family, was not the heir. He was not of direct descent. His role as senior disciple was always replaceable and is unimportant compared to the role of the three in the carriage. Compared to his brother.

Wei WuXian grunted as a sword flew past him. He jumped out the way, turning around after feeling he was far enough. Then, he jumped up, shoving a Wen soldier off the horse and rode it. He used Suiban to kill and sent the Wen soldiers off, then rode around and hit the horse to send it running off. Once the group that had been chasing him were dealt with, he turned and flicked the reins, holding Suiban in one hand.

Riding a horse wasn't something he did often, especially not as someone from Yumeng, but he managed. Galloping through the trees, he found the path again and was about to turn when he cursed in shock. An arrow had flown from somewhere and shot into the horse. Jumping off, Wei WuXian saw the horse panic in pain before turning his attention from the injured animal.

Wen Chao and Wen Xu walked up to him with a group of Wen soldiers. Wang LingJiao was there too, but Wei WuXian didn't care too much for her and the skin she was showing.

"Wei WuXian, Wei WuXian! Playing hero to grant your Sect leaders sometime?" Wen Chao taunted and Wei WuXian scoffed.

"Obviously someone can't track very well," Wei WuXian decided to tease, extremely aware they hadn't stopped approaching him.

"How dare you!" Wang LingJiao huffed, "Second Young Master Wen is so talented!"

Wei WuXian snorted, "Your young master seems to think I know where my aunt, uncle and brother are. Sorry to tell you but I already got them to safety,"

"Then why would you be out here?" Wen Chao laughed.

"Looking for any other disciples, getting information on the Wen Sect..." Wei WuXian informed and smirked, bringing out Suiban from behind his back to show the blood on it, "Killing Wen-dogs,"

Wen Chao's face twisted in rage, "WEN ZHULIU!"

Wei WuXian's breathing hitched as he heard the sound of footsteps. Spinning quickly, Wei WuXian blocked an attack from the core-melting hand. As he spoke, he scoffed, "My Aunt told me about you. Wasn't your surname Zhao before. Exactly what did that tyrant of a leader, Wen Ruohan, offer you to make you abandon your ancestors?"

Wen Zhuliu ignored his chatter, trying to strike his chest and melt his core. The problem everyone was slowly finding out...was that Wei WuXian was very talented. He moved like water and his moves were powerful and fast. He switched effortlessly between Suiban and spells and talisman, avoiding attacks.

However, there was one flaw. He was more worn out.

Wen Xu noticed this flaw and smirked, ordering silently for the soldiers to join them. With the combined attacks surrounding him, along with avoiding Wen Zhuliu, Wei WuXian had more trouble. As he fought and defended, he missed Wen Xu sending a spiritual blast at him, causing him to yell and a sword to pierce his chest. Blood dripped from his mouth and he was kicked down, Suiban clattering from his hands as the Wen began to beat him.